Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know of the chrome fuel door but, I was wondering if anyone knew of any brushed aluminum. I have the SVT Sport with aluminukm wheels and the black door handles. I like everything the way it is but, was hoping I could find a new gas door to match my wheels. Chrome looks great but for me I think it will look out of place as the only chrome item on the car. Any ideas? Also, i know that no one has come out with grill inserts yet but, am I the only one who thinks the honeycomb grill looks incredible? (Rhetorical question) Just checking to see if anyone has any info on when any of these will be available.

·
Registered
226 Posts
In the past I have always made my own grill inserts out of Gutter Guard from Lowes ($8). I have only seen the chrome fuel door. Aftermarket ones are always iffy though. They never seem to fit right IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You make your own inserts? I was looking today at the grill and saw that the crosshairs, the horizontal grill and the dodge symbol all seem to be from one piece of plastic. How hard is it to make those? I'd love to keep the crosshairs and symbol but replace the horizontals with honey comb like on the pics of the SRT4

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hope you mean SXT not SVT!! :) <dirty mexican> Fords, we don't need no stinkin' Fords!!!"

Just kinddin', but not really.

·
Registered
901 Posts
SXTman said:
Ok, I know of the chrome fuel door but, I was wondering if anyone knew of any brushed aluminum. I have the SVT Sport with aluminukm wheels and the black door handles. I like everything the way it is but, was hoping I could find a new gas door to match my wheels. Chrome looks great but for me I think it will look out of place as the only chrome item on the car....
ooo, brushed aluminum would be nice!
Mopar makes one for the Ram trucks ($99). Maybe we'll see one too someday...? (--or are these the same size?!)

·
Registered
203 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
ooo, brushed aluminum would be nice!
Mopar makes one for the Ram trucks ($99). Maybe we'll see one too someday...? (--or are these the same size?!)
I have one of the brushed aluminum ones on my Ram, and no, they are not the same size (I was thinking the same thing).. Truck is ~6.5", Caliber is ~5.5"

·
Registered
188 Posts
This mod is actually pretty solid. I was impressed with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CaliberChic said:
This mod is actually pretty solid. I was impressed with it.
I agree, It fits very well and looks pretty nice with the R/T which has a little more chrome such as the side doors and the 17" chrome wheel package. However, since these chrome wheels came on the car, I am just going to leave them since my wife now drives it and she liked the chrome wheels. I'm not a big fan of bling but liked how the chrome gas door looked as I had a satin finished aluminum gas door on my RX-8.

I also put the $95 (ebay) door sills in and they look nice too. Mud guards going on this weekend and as soon as I get my clear front end protector, that will go on too.

I did put a K&N Appolo Universal filter on and piped the input hose to a lower cooler location effectively making it a CAI but did not notice any difference in HP or sound. I ended up taking it off when I swapped cars with my wife cause it's going on my new '05 Impreza 2.5 RS after I get a few parts that are on order.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I didn't care for the door sill guards as much because the rear door ones are smaller and don't have the name on them. PLUS if you look at the photo's compared to the real thing it looks like the Caliber is in black and it's not.

It is better than none though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts