Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
scubasprout said:
Does anyone have the bug deflector? Does it work or is it just more for looks?

Thanks in advance
I would imagine it will work to deflect bugs from the leading edge of the hood and maybe the lower part of the windshield, but.... (btw, thank XT for the plug on my R/T).. being as I didn't get many miles on it before the accident, I don't know how well it will work... I know the one on my Ram works, but it sticks up into the airstream more than the one on the Caliber..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I traded my Ram in for my Caliber and had a deflector and thought the same thing. The Ram one was much bigger and I know it made a difference but the Caliber one doesn't look like it stick up very much.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Unless there are a lot of low flying bugs up here, I've noticed that there are at least 75% more bugs on the bumper, grill and deflecter itself than the windshield. As I posted a few weeks ago on the car washing thread, it hasn't much of a lip on it as most, but it seems to work. Morpar, not after-market.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I also have the bug shield installed on my Caliber. I rarely get bugs on the windshield. The lip could be on more of a curve than it is, but it does the job it is suppose to do. It also looks nice on the Caliber.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
I tried a bug deflector on my old XJ and it did weird things at speed to the washer spray pattern so I took it off. YMMV.
LOL, I never even thought of that before!:D:cool: Good point, sounds weird, but also makes some sense at the sametime!

·
Registered
126 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
I tried a bug deflector on my old XJ and it did weird things at speed to the washer spray pattern so I took it off. YMMV.
I have no problem with my washer spray, goes evenly on the window.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very few bugs survive to hit the windshield. They've all been captured quite nicely by the front bumper and grill, judging by my car after a recent road trip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts