Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

just wanted to let everyone know i talked to the dodge customer service about my Caliber order and they said there seems to be problems with orders coming from Canada.

They are taking longer and getting there build dates pushed back more than US orders.

are other Canadian Orders having these problems?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dunno, I was assured over 2 weeks ago that we'd get our Caliber before the 25th... um - TODAY! Well it's still in D or D1 status and our dealer has no idea when it'll get here.... pretty upsetting, but that's the price for not settling and insisting on waiting for what you really want.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i've been having some concerns about this as well... the build date for my caliber was supposed to be on the 13th, but it only got built like last week... the dealership was saying i should get it this friday, but we'll see...

·
Registered
119 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
Hey everyone,

just wanted to let everyone know i talked to the dodge customer service about my Caliber order and they said there seems to be problems with orders coming from Canada.

They are taking longer and getting there build dates pushed back more than US orders.

are other Canadian Orders having these problems?
Heya Jayster

I too have had my build date pushed back, the car(SXT Sport/5 speed) was ordered March 20th, the first week of April (the 3rd of April was supposed to begin production of 5 speed!). I called with VIN and VON and they said that my car was D1(12 days to build date) due to roll out of the plant on April 24th.

Then I called back last week they told me that the car was now D status (due to built in 5 days) still with a build date of April 24th.

When I called back this morning the 25th my car was still D status but now with a build date of May 12th?? The reasoning of the person that I talked to was due to a lack of parts.....which ones he could not say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm.... well it sounds like the dodge customer Rep was right about the canadians having their build dates changed.

i am getting the CVT so i hopefully won't have any waiting for parts issues, but damn this sure is taking a long time its been a month since i ordered it already.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jayster,

I know the feeling my car was stolen back in Feb. and I am waiting for a car to drive. I would not care if this delay was happening to me with my old car in my hands but now I am SOL till they decide to build mine! Even with a build date of May 12th, it will still take I presume till the end of May to get here.

4 to 6 weeks delivery time! Yeah right in what year LOL :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
4-6 weeks isn't really that bad. 3 years ago when my wife and I ordered her VW Beetle, we had to wait 4 MONTHS to get it in. It was a GLS with the 2.0L, auto and the 6-disc changer in the center armrest - not like we ordered anything really obscure... So waiting a month to us doesn't seem too long to us - pretty shitty, eh - a month not seeming long... lmao!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
i ordered mine on march 11th and i'm still waiting for mine... mine's in kzl status so i hear so we'll see when it gets here... my dealership says it'll be in on friday(fingers crossed) but i'm betting i'll see my baby in may.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered mine (first one) on March 4th, shipped on April 4th, finally arrived today. Was victim of the marine/steel blue error on the website, though, so I'm waiting for the 2nd one I ordered (March 28). According to my dealer, it was being built today and should arrive in 4-5 weeks. The shipping to Edmonton takes for bloody ever.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When the Pontiac Fieros were new back in the 80's, we waited
3 months on our special order. Now that's a long wait.

Wilson
Marine Blue R/T

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered mine March 1st and it took 6 weeks almost to the day before I was driving it and it is worth the wait even if it took 3-4 months I would still have waited

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just hope it doesn't take the 12 weeks max my dealer told me, if its 6-8 weeks i would be damn happy.

So is the build plan date mean that it will be done being built that day or they will start building it starting that day?

·
Registered
414 Posts
We ordered ours on March 30th with a tentative date of May 19th, I called today and was told that it was pushed bakc and that the delivery date would be June 16th. I cancelled it and called a dealer in Utah, about 4 hours away. I found a Yellow R/T fully loaded. Pick it up tomorrow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn i want my car to come soon!! i called customer service 10 minutes ago and just got a code "BG". has anyone gotten that code and if so what does it mean?

·
Registered
361 Posts
blackSXTsport said:
damn i want my car to come soon!! i called customer service 10 minutes ago and just got a code "BG". has anyone gotten that code and if so what does it mean?
A good list of the codes is posted in this thread:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551

Some of the codes seem a little cryptic.
BG: passed edit n/a for schedule

·
Registered
64 Posts
it is not just Canadian orders. I ordered an SXT Sport on 03/04/06 and am still waiting for a build/ delivery date. I spoke with a DCX District manager last week and was told that the "E" package (Sport Appearance Group) would not be built again until May. He stated that only "D" packages were built in April. This info was also confirmed by a Caliber Forums member who works for DCX. The dealer I ordered through had no allocation slots when the order was placed, so it goes to the back of the line until similar packages are scheduled. I have waited almost 8 weeks and expect to wait 3-4 more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
Ouch to nygiant.

i hope i don't get screwed around anymore.

i just want my caliber!!! WAAA!!! lol
Believe me, I'm not happy about waiting 3-4 more weeks, but since gas prices have risen so fast, nobody wants to touch my trade in; 99 Ford Explorer. I visited 3 other dealers since last Thursday, 2 offered me 2300.00 and 1 refused to consider it for trade in. I was going to cancel the order and shop around, but I'll lose too much money on the truck. Godd Luck with your order, you'll probably have yours before me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This Is Getting Ridiculous! I Ordered Mine March 20th, They Told Me About 4 Weeks, Its Now 9!! No Help From The Dealer, Just Keep Putting Me Off. I Could Have A Couple More Sold For Them , But The People Are Put Off By The Waiting Period!. Sxt Sport, Fully Loaded, Wanted Marine Blue( Actually Steel) With The Screw Up In The Color Chart.(how Embarrasing). Oh Well Keep Waiting I Guess. Going To Call Dc Tommorrow To Find Status.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts