1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about build dates.

I ordered my car on 4/19.

Received a VON and VIN on 5/4.

How long from the time you receive a VIN until you receive a build date?

And then, how long is it from build date to delivery?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well as you can see by my sig for the dates on my car, I believe that it took a bit longer due to the availabity of the 5 speed. Yours should be just around the bend.

I call for mine on the 15th and they said that mine is going through emmission testing and leak testing then shipping on Thursday!:D Then 7 to 10 days to delivery at the dealership.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So from build date to delivery is not that long at all.

It is just getting a build date that takes forever! I am hoping mine will be built the first week of June because I got my order in just at the end of the May production cutoff and the beginning of the June production start date.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered my Red SXT Sport on April 12th and just got a planned build date of June 19th. :( The dealer said it would be 4 weeks max from the day of the order. Now I'm about to strangle him. LOL. I'm dying here!! I've been in D status since May 4th.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
BethCaliber said:
I ordered my Red SXT Sport on April 12th and just got a planned build date of June 19th. :( The dealer said it would be 4 weeks max from the day of the order. Now I'm about to strangle him. LOL. I'm dying here!! I've been in D status since May 4th.
Welcome to caliberforums BethCaliber!:)

June 19th:eek: Maybe you can hope that it will be done earlier!:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beth, that is weird because according to my dealership, you should have had your order in time for May production. I just missed it ordering on April 19th, you should have gotten a May build date! :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. :) I guess if there is one good thing about this it is that I'm learning to be very patient. Trying to anyway.
Katie, I don't undertand the June thing either. I found out yesterday and my heart dropped. 8 weeks from my order date would be June 7th so I was kind of expecting to have it by then. June 19th is hard to swallow. I guess we'll see if they bump it up so I get it sooner.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Still waiting on my R/T order. It's been at D1 status for 6 weeks. Phoned for status on the 12th after the previous build date of April 21 came and went. The new date was supposed to be May 12 and now May 16. After the original order was refused first week of March, the order was accepted third week of March and assigned a VIN. If the latest build date holds, I might get delivery first or second week of June. All told, it will be probably be 12 weeks or so until it arrives. If orders are being placed now, it could be shorter if the extra plant shifts are brought online efficiently....or not. 4 to 6 week order times are not realistic IMO. There are no restrictions in place on my order.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I better not get my hopes up too high, huh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered March 20. The first ship date was April 24, then May 10, then May 12. My understanding from the dealer is that it has been "released from the plant" and is to be loaded up today.

Stay strong! It seems like the delays grew pretty fast after mid-March.

·
Registered
198 Posts
(Trying to Stay Strong) :) Just knowing that I will eventually get the Caliber is good enough for me in the grand scheme of things. And I think Chrysler is getting sick of me calling every other day. LOL. Maybe I should just wait for them to call me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I soooooooooo hope my Caliber comes sometime in June!!!

I saw one on the road today (3rd time) and it made me so jealous!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered mine on March 4th, as of May 15, status BX, no VIN, no delivery date. I cancelled the order and had the dealer search a 250 mile radius for Caliber's. He found 6 Caliber SE's (barebones, no options except CVT and 2.0 engine and 4 Caliber R/T's (loaded $22-24,000 range). No SXT's at all. I was with him at the computer, so I know he wasn't lying. Since gas is 3.10/gal around here and I owned a 99 Explorer, it was looking pretty bad for summer travel. I gave up on the Caliber and purchased a 2006 Pontiac Vibe today. I really wanted to own something new and different, but with no idea of when to expect it, I had to make a hard decision. The Vibe was 19,880.00 and the Caliber was 19,150 with similar options, plus I had the friends/ family discount. The dealer gave me 2,000.00 in rebates and another 500.00 off sticker to match the Caliber deal. Same payment, same terms. I lose the CVT and Chill Zone, but the Vibe comes with a Sunroof, Monsoon Audio and better gas mileage. it's a tradeoff, but I needed to do it. In 2 years, my oldest daughter can drive the Vibe and I will look at the Caliber again as my new car. To anyone in upstate NY, I highly recommend the Gable Auto Group in Cobleskill, NY. They did everything they could to make things right, and it wasn't even their fault. I hope all of you get your orders filled soon. I just couldn't wait anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
nygiantzz1 said:
To anyone in upstate NY, I highly recommend the Gable Auto Group in Cobleskill, NY. They did everything they could to make things right, and it wasn't even their fault. I hope all of you get your orders filled soon. I just couldn't wait anymore.
Sorry you couldn't wait for the Caliber - best of luck to you with your Vibe. By the way, I grew up in Middleburgh, NY and go to Cobleskill when I'm up there. In fact, I'm driving up there this Sunday to visit my parents, so if you see a Silver SXT in the area, it might be me!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We ordered ours on April 1/06. Marine Blue R/T.
I went to the dealership today and they still don't have
a VIN number or build date. Patience is required
when you order a Caliber for sure.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T
1970 Dodge Challenger
1979 Chevrolet Malibu Woodie Wagon
2001 Dodge Caravan

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just emailed my salesman and said if I don't have a build date by June 7th (7 weeks after ordering), then I would like to buy one that the dealership has coming in for their stock, if they have one like I ordered.

We'll see.

I'm so impatient but some of you ordered in March and still don't have order dates! Wtf!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I called my salesman and he says he's having the "zone rep" for sales come to the dealership tomorrow and that this rep is going to call Detroit. It all seems like a bunch of nonsense to me but he said to call back tomorrow afternoon for an update.
I just called Chrysler and they said my build plan is now June 26th.:confused: Monday it was June 19th. I'm starting to get discouraged. :rolleyes: But she also said that this date is not set in stone. I asked if that meant it could be even longer and she said yes. Help! I don't know what to believe.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beth, I am now getting discouraged too! I mean, not discouraged enough that I will buy a different car but my hopes are deflating :(

1 - 20 of 251 Posts