dallar
vbmenu_register("postmenu_15171", true);

Re: What problems with the caliber have ya'll had
My car is in the shop as I write this for the following probs:

Leaky rear washer
Pass seat rattle when someone is sitting in the seat every start/stop
Caliber click
:mad:
Dealer has bulletin for each of these issues and is replacing the exhaust system now. (4 day wait for parts).:mad:

Knew I was buying a brand new car when I bought it and might have a few probs. Still love the car.

--------------------------------------------------------

i can concur the many reports of exaust cracking a little anoying and quite embarrassing hope this is for real

my r/t cracks like a bitch :rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well I don't think it is cracking, maybe you mean crackling, as in sound?

And if you will check out the Click threads, I think that is the same thing you are talking about, and yes there is suppose to be a TSB (bulletin) on it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
where do you find the list of bulletins that dodge is acknowledging issues and repair strategies... TSB?

·
Registered
689 Posts
TSB's, Technical Service Bulletins, only make it to the public through services or websites, they are designed for dealers and service people to use when customers complain about something and the factory found a fix.

I think you can also sign up and pay to have TSB's sent to you, from Helm manuals. www.helminc.com

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well I hope that the dealers are understanding and cooperative. It's certainly NOT normal... even if some people say it is. I've never had a car snap-crackle-pop so much and so loud. I can't imagine that being good.

·
Registered
361 Posts
GOT said:
Well I hope that the dealers are understanding and cooperative. It's certainly NOT normal... even if some people say it is. I've never had a car snap-crackle-pop so much and so loud. I can't imagine that being good.
There's a Mustang in the garage at my apartment that seems to make a good amount of noise when its turned off. I was cleaning my car last night and the guy came in, parked, and a half hour later it finally stopped. The sound seems to come from the engine compartment though, not the rear of the car.

I had never noticed that sound before, sounds like what has been talked about here though.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well yeah, I mean all of the cars I've owned have made cooling-down sounds. But nothing like what my Caliber makes. And people notice it everywhere I park and where there's other people to hear it. My in-laws said something about it, my boss at work mentioned it, my co-workers have mentioned it, my children have mentioned it, my wife mentioned it, the neighbor said something about it....

If there is that much friction between whatever joint it is that is too tight (judging by sounds it makes), then something is wrong and it will not last as long as one that is more properly fitted. Of course I don't think the thing is going to fly apart next week... i just want my $19k to do better and think the Caliber can be too and that it's a flaw.

·
Registered
361 Posts
GOT said:
Well yeah, I mean all of the cars I've owned have made cooling-down sounds. But nothing like what my Caliber makes. And people notice it everywhere I park and where there's other people to hear it. My in-laws said something about it, my boss at work mentioned it, my co-workers have mentioned it, my children have mentioned it, my wife mentioned it, the neighbor said something about it..
Next time I see a Caliber, I'll have to follow it around. I've gotta hear this, it doesn't sound so good. :(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Amandyke said:
If by cooperative you mean telling you that everything is normal and it does not need to be repaired, then yes!
Yeah that.:p

[edited because I misunderstood Amandyke... my-apologetic-bad. Here's what I originally said just in case someone freaks out that I edited it out, "IT'S NOT NORMAL! Get a clue man."). Alls good... I think]

·
Registered
357 Posts
the rental Caliber I had would make a loud rhythmic exhaust cool down clicking as soon as it was keyed off. it had approx 2k miles on it. my Sport so far has not done this with 60 miles on the clock and I hope it doesn't start that neither!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If anyone knows the TSB numbers it would realy help the rest of us to have the info so the dealer can't say " no I don't think there is any I've heard of come back in a few weeks we may know more then"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts