Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
my bumper is chipped and scratched to hell. I completely fill my caliber and unload with equipment 2 or 3 times a week, and I'm extemely careful about not contacting the bumper. Yet, its chipped in several places and has a lot of deep scratches. I need to find some sort of protection.

P.S. dont agree to let your buddys dog jump in the back... that one really hurt it

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I was waxing the Caliber last week, I noticed some strange wrinkles at the rear bumper and thought by myself "what the hell does Dodge think to deliver a car with a paint job that crappy!?"!!

I took a 2nd and 3rd view at those wrinkles and even noticed some straight lines or edges in the paint, and when I checked one of those edges with my fingernail, it turned out to be a vynil protctive film, applied to the rear bumper already!?

I am not sure though, if this is a "european car only" spec or if the dealer applied it, before I got the car (which I pretty much doubt, since he would have charged me for an extra like that!?)

I'll go and take some pictures once it stops raining outside!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unoriginalusername said:

Dodge not have an accesory like this ^^^?
thats what i am lokking for and i just came back from the dealer and they only have those for the caravan and the pacifica witch are way to big :(

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
tupmeier said:
thats what i am lokking for and i just came back from the dealer and they only have those for the caravan and the pacifica witch are way to big :(
I had one on my toyota matrix that i am guessing would fit the caliber equally as well... take a look at a few other dealers of cars of similar size to the caliber and see if you can find one. the one i got at the toyota dealership was not logo'ed.

Focus/Vibe/Matrix/Golf/Fit/Versa etc. should be able to find one at one of those dealers

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you have an impact on a modern bumper they tend to get linear cracks. The bumpers have special things in the paint which makes them have a little flex.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Most of the black strips on Dodge and Chrylser vehicles are injection molded into the bumper and not seperate pieces. Other manufactures do the same.

The 2004-2005 Durangos had the black injection molded strips but the manufacture they used had some serious problems and the strips quickly faded to a milky white color. Dodge gave up when the 2006's came out as the Durangos bumpers are now painted to match the body color. Possibly the reason most DCX vehicles no longer have the black protective strip.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just callt the toyota dealership they have one in stock so i will go up and check if they fit if they do il let your guys know,cheers Thomas

·
Registered
294 Posts
tupmeier said:
i just callt the toyota dealership they have one in stock so i will go up and check if they fit if they do il let your guys know,cheers Thomas
The Matrix one won't do, it has an edge lip that won't match our curve, the sister car Vibe is similar but no lip and has the right curve, but it will have to be shortened to fit the Caliber. (I met up with a bunch of Vibe/Matrix owners and checked out the differences)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
xcanuk said:
The Matrix one won't do, it has an edge lip that won't match our curve, the sister car Vibe is similar but no lip and has the right curve, but it will have to be shortened to fit the Caliber. (I met up with a bunch of Vibe/Matrix owners and checked out the differences)
thanks i just came back from the toyota dealer and it want fit but i ordert the pt cruiser one and will check tomorow if it will fit before i buy it ,i lett you know

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
??? what. tupmeier any luck?
nob it does not fit eather for the pt cruiser ,i also contactet lexus and there parts department is suck ,they want even look untill i give them a partnumber,i will try volkswagen and i will just check the size right there

1 - 20 of 35 Posts