Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, gang, I'm a little confused. I just spoke to Dodge who informed me that my order has reached "C" status. My dealer also confirmed this. I looked up C status and it appears to be a "sub firm" scheduled to be built code. However, I thought that C status was before D and D1 status.

C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

I had wanted to add the Yes essential seats to my order, but was told that it was not possible once the order left D status. But with C status it appears my order is moving in reverse not forward. Can anyone clear this up?

·
Registered
911 Posts
You still should be able to make changes to your order. Its not in D status as of yet. Sometimes the dealer doesn't want to make changes when they know it will be very close to going to D status as they don't want your order to screw up, which can happen.

FYI: If you got package E (Sport Appearance Package), you can NOT get YES Essentials. I don't think you can get it with an R/T either if you get seat inserts. As far as I know, its only available with the regular seats, but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the strange thing is, as of yesterday my order for a RT FWD was in D status. This was confirmed by the dealer and by dodge. But when I spoke to the same dealer and dodge associate today my order was in C. Does this mean that my order was pushed back?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I find it hard to believe that it was pushed back. It wouldn't of gone into D status if there wasn't parts to build the car.

Then the only thing that I can think of is that either they were in correct when telling you it was in D status yesterday, or they're wrong today in telling you its in C status. You're actually the first person I've ever saw say their order is in C status. Usually it goes from either BA or BX status to D, then to D1 and so on until its KZX (delivered to dealer).

Don't believe everything you hear from DCX. Most of the time they don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground with your order. Very rarely were they ever any help with my order status. About the only thing helpful they provided me is the railcar number so I could track it being shipped to the local rail yard to be put on a truck for delivery. Other than that, they usually weren't any help at all.

Anyways, if you have either leather seats or seat inserts then you can't get the YES Essentials. So if you have either the SXT Sport or R/T with seat inserts, it doesn't really matter as far as being able to make changes because they won't let you do that anyways.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats quite interesting. I as well have never heard of an order going into "C" status. Today I got a call from my dealer stating that my car was in "C" status. There has been some escalation in my order since its been over 17 weeks, and other cars put in after mine have been built already. I wonder if others are in "C" now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tigerr said:
Thats quite interesting. I as well have never heard of an order going into "C" status. Today I got a call from my dealer stating that my car was in "C" status. There has been some escalation in my order since its been over 17 weeks, and other cars put in after mine have been built already. I wonder if others are in "C" now.
My dealer went from a solid date of last week to not having any idea for me. I was in D status over a month ago. His excuse yesterday was they didn't have any 1.8 manual trannys. So I am guess I am also in C status as are you because of that. Seems far fetched, but in theory D status meant they had all the parts. grrr I am starting to think I am not ever getting this car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I seem to be getting the same line from my dealer. They are telling me that they build the MXTs in groups and that I have to wait until they build the next lot of them. This is really starting to suck.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thats not true. They build whatever the computer puts into the lineup. So they can build and R/T, then SXT Sport, then SE if the computer tells it to. The only thing that delays an order to go through is that say they have a shortage of 2.4 liter engines or manual transmissions, any Caliber order what those will only be built in small doses, or as parts are available. But they don't build cars by models. A lot of the time if there's not a part available, they'll give you the next best thing.

Say for example heated mirrors was an option for the Caliber. They went to build your Caliber and guess what, they ran out of regular mirrors. They will just install the heated mirrors on yours. This actually happened to my dad on his Dakota when he ordered it. It wasn't supposed to have heated mirrors, but it was on the truck with it arrived. It also wasn't on the sticker either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tigerr said:
I seem to be getting the same line from my dealer. They are telling me that they build the MXTs in groups and that I have to wait until they build the next lot of them. This is really starting to suck.
I guess we will have to form a "My Caliber is supposed to be built but they ran out of trannys" support group.
;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is possible for orders to back up, and it does happen from time to time. Also, dealers can not make changes to orders that have been scheduled for production (C through KZ status). Their factory reps, however, can make option changes (CPOS can not be changed once scheduled) when the vehicle is in C or D status, and can only change paint color when it reaches D1 status. After D1, the system will not accept changes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts