Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... anybody know where the cabin air filter is located? :confused:

(I tried a 'search' on the forum, but the search function here gave me 18 pages of hits when I put in "cabin air filter"):(

I see the filter listed on moparsupercenter.com, but I have no idea where it would go, or if my Cali has that option.

Thanks!

- Gus

·
Registered
377 Posts
I read not to long ago that it is located behind the glove box under the dash. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Tigerr said:
I read not to long ago that it is located behind the glove box under the dash. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you are correct, a door behind the glove box, you need to take the glove box out to get to it. The filter will be there if you got the Security Package on your vehicle, if you didn't the door still will be there, but no filter, from what I understand.

There is supposibly, I believe, a TSB that installs a filter on vehicles showing signs of, or owners complaining about a certain symptom on their vehicles.

Either way, I believe the filter can be installed after the fact.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It is behind the glove box. The box door has a push-rod damper behind it that must be unhooked. Failure to unhook this first may result in damage to the damper. Once this is done access to the filter is gained. The filter simply slides out. It is a rectangular filter similar but smaller than the engines air filter.

I have heard that the filter is not included on all models of the Caliber but they all have the slot behind the glove box for it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
FIlter is included if you have the security package only as far as i know.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have had my filter out to look at it and in the process found
that my June/06 built SXT has no such damper assy on the
glove box door.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have that, but I don't think it helps. It gets pretty smelly in the south end of Muscatine, and the filter does NOTHING to keep it from getting into the cabin. Blah.

Chanda

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Its more of a dust/pollen filter. To eliminate odor you need an extremely fine filter.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It's a charcoal impregnated filter to reduce some of the odor and moisture, but is mainly for dust/pollen. It's not a HEPA filter though. My Caliber did not have this dampner on the glove box either. You just squeaze the sides of the glovebox together to get it to fold down further to gain access to the door. I bought a filter and installed it in my car. All Calibers have the door you can remove for the filter if you want to install it. Can't say how much it helped, but it's just peace of mind to have it in there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
who has the part # and how much is it

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Dealer can get you the part, and they can look up part number. Forgot what the price was. Bought mine like 6 months ago. Think it was around $20.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, if it's not supposed to help with odors, then the owner's manual shouldn't say that ;)

Chanda

·
Registered
687 Posts
I knew nothing of this or that the filter could be installed on every Caliber, not my area. I'm going to look into this. :)

We have air purifiers in our house and I use swifter dust sheets over the filters to add life to the regular filters. Just a thought/idea that might help a little here.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Chanda said:
Well, if it's not supposed to help with odors, then the owner's manual shouldn't say that ;)

Chanda
It does help, but you can't expect miracles out of a paper air filter in your dash. It's not going to eliminate odors, just reduce them some.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The cabin filter slot is behind glove box.You have to open the glove box then on the rails each side push in(use both hands on each side they are stiff) then the box will go down farther. The slot has a liitle black clip you push to the right to open.It sounds harder than it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts