Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again,I was very interested in the "trick" about turning the key on and off 5 times to get the computer trouble codes on the odometer. does anyone else know any tricks to the cali ???

·
Registered
48 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
hello again,I was very interested in the "trick" about turning the key on and off 5 times to get the computer trouble codes on the odometer. does anyone else know any tricks to the cali ???
I know that worked on my Dakota, but does it work with the Caliber? Does anyone know where the translation sheet would be for those "flash codes"?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Works on the Caliber, but you have to turn the key all the way off, and then all the way to run past ACC each time. On the third time turning on, leave it on. If there are any codes, they will show up in the odo window as a "P----" code. So start off, turn it to run, then all the way off, then back to run, all the way off again, and then back to run stopping the third time. Same as the way it was on the Dakota, we just have the accesory position to go past each time on the Caliber.

Also, if you hold in the trip/reset button when you turn the key on, it will go through an instrument cluster test. Not sure what the numbers that pop up in the odo window during this test mean though. Owners manual says nothing about it. Will check with my friedn who works at the dealer to see if he can get any insight into the numbers. They are weird.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man HSKR, you stole my thunder!!! i just found about about the trip button thing 5 minutes ago and was DYING to get home to post it. thanks alot. LOL

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
Here is a post about it from back in May.

Scroll up and down a few responses in that discussion to view links to trouble codes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not only interested in the trouble codes. i mean the car in general for tips.

·
Registered
976 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
im not only interested in the trouble codes. i mean the car in general for tips.
If you don't have the drivers convienence group you still get outside temp
by pushing the trip odometer button 3 times(at least on my SXT).

·
Registered
258 Posts
bigtsr said:
If you don't have the drivers convienence group you still get outside temp
by pushing the trip odometer button 3 times(at least on my SXT).
i just found that out earlier this week....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep um coming!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just like the refrigerator, the light comes on if you open ANY of the doors!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:
UNless you turn the switch off on the stick.

·
Registered
198 Posts
HSKR said:
MikeinWoodstock said:
UNless you turn the switch off on the stick.
Or not plugged in...

(is your fridge running? better go catch it! :D )

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just found this out today

start the car
move the cvt shifter BETWEEN Park and Reverse and hold it there.
watch the odometer display for some sort of gear selector test.
(note: apply the parking brake as this test puts the cvt in netural!!!)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is there a hidden trick to get the compass to display numerical values rather than N/W/E/S/etc values?

In the manual, Page 131 mentions Compass Variance and page 132 has the map and how to set the variance/zone. Page 133 has the instructions for Compass Calibration. I couldn't find anything about what I wanted. Though I'll admit, I've been too excited about driving the car to fully study the manual.

I made another thread about this, but it seem to fit in here better. Maybe a mod can remove the old one?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did yah know that the sunvisors slide on their bar when unclipped from their mount?

When you open the door, without a key being in the ig. switch, the EVIP display comes on, but if you press the button, the EVIC turns off.

·
Registered
775 Posts
There's a cap on top of the engine. If you remove it, you can put oil into the big hole. This is a lot easier (and faster) than trying to pour the oil into the dip stick hole.

(I actually had a friend who tried to put her oil in through the dipstick hole, that was until I showed her what the "710 cap" was for.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok I've looked at the fridge box slide flap thingy magigy and agree it's as lose as a Vegas show girl. The Fix is to obtain some felt or feltcrow the stuff that has tiny hooks and hairy bits cut them to size should be sticky on one side then place them along the runners so they make contact with the flappy bit. This extra friction should hold the flap in a better position! Or use anything to create friction along the runners!:)
It might work on the arm rest aswell, but haven't checked out the logistics yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts