Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The current Alarm Kit which Dodge sells for the Caliber is incorrect and will not work. After the dealer installed (2) of these kits in my car which would not program, Dodge technical tried it on one at the factory. Guess what it did not work either. Dodge is supposted to issue a new part number and have the maker of the EVS security system make the changes to make it work. They do not know when it will be avalible.:confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
steveb said:
The current Alarm Kit which Dodge sells for the Calibar is incorrect and will not work.

Arrgh, please spell Caliber correctly

·
Registered
689 Posts
Did you get a Mopar accessory alarm? Thats the one he is talking about I believe. I'm sure the factory installed alarms work, they test those at the factory.

·
Registered
447 Posts
yah, factory installed. Dunno why they'd use a different one for the after the fact install. But whatever.

Lesson here is: If you want the alarm system, get it factory installed. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are right. Factory install is the way to go. But here I sit with a fully loaded SXT Sport with all the options minus the security package. I was lucky to find it and not haveing to wait in line for one. So my choice was to have the dealer put in the alarm. What choice would you have made?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the Mopar aftermarket alarm on mine but it ended up being a big ordeal too long to get into here. The first alarm did not work but the second one works fine after they worked it out with the manufacturer of the alarm. I think it boils down to incompetent dealerships trying to do the install. I would be willing to bet if you took that exact alarm to a reputable alarm installation business, they could get it to work no problem. If you need further help let me know and I will try to put you in phone contact with the dealership that got mine right, athough it took several attempts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
steveb said:
You are right. Factory install is the way to go. But here I sit with a fully loaded SXT Sport with all the options minus the security package. I was lucky to find it and not haveing to wait in line for one. So my choice was to have the dealer put in the alarm. What choice would you have made?
I would have brought it to someone that knows alarms...Like a stereo install buisness. The dealer will rape you on things like that. After I picked up my R/T....Thats the last the dealer will see of me until I trade it for an SRT4.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The nice thing about the dealer installed alarm system is they don't cut or splice any wires everything just plugs in just like the factory system only it's made by audiovox(code alarm)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the help of CAILIBERED, I now have an alarm in my Caliber. It seems that the dealer needs to contact Code Alarm not Mopar to find out how to make the kit work. A TSB will eventually be issued.

Thanks Calibered:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed the Mopar alarm kit without any problem. The kit came with detailed instructions (including photos). I had never installed an alarm or radio in a vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts