Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DCX has switched over to the true 2007 Caliber. This is why a few weeks ago you couldn't order a Caliber.

FWD R/T Now Available
Solar Yellow has been replaced by Khaki
Front Seat Side Ar bags are a new option (late availability)
Trailer Tow Group has been added
ESP an option on all models w/o 2.0

·
Registered
911 Posts
I believe YESessentials fabric is either standard or available now as well.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Another possibility is that if you get an SXT Sport, you should get a colored grill instead of a chrome grill. It seems as if most people who ordered an SXT Sport now are getting a colored grill fascia.

I'm actually hoping mine has the colored grill. I think with SunBurst Orange, it would look better than the Chrome Grill.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
WooooHoooo....R/T FWD now available for order!!!:D:D

Sorry, I could not reframe!!:D:cool:

Anything alse we should know about Steve?
Any word on pricing out of curiosity?

I'm also still waiting on a price for ESP (Electronic Stability Control).

·
Registered
4 Posts
So ESP is only available with the 1.8 and 2.4 engine and not the 2.0? That would really suck if it was true. Looking at getting a SXT sport with the 2.0 and was looking forward to ESP. I guess if the FWD R/T isn't that much more than the SXT I'll go that route instead and get the bigger wheels and 2.4 engine. Looking forward to pricing.

Also about the yes essential fabric, does it mean the fabric design and feel will be different from the current Calibers?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yea I got an SXT but I am one of those that actually *like* the chrome grill better! We should set up a thread of just people looking to swap grills! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but the 1.8 is still the only option for a manual tranny, right? Or will the R/T FWD offer a manual as well?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ordered in May, will mine be the 06.5 still or the 07?

·
Registered
911 Posts
RadioDude said:
I ordered in May, will mine be the 06.5 still or the 07?
From what I've read elsewhere, Dodge is no longer making the 2006.5 Caliber so all orders placed that have not been built are true 2007 Calibers. If you have the last 8 digits of your VIN (NOT VON!), if it starts with a 7 then you have a 2007 Caliber, if it starts with a 6, then you have a 2006.5 Caliber.

I ordered mine on May 1st when 2006.5 Calibers were being built, but when I got allocation for one, it slipped into 2007.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
wow I forgot to mention the good news R/T FWD 2.4L 5 speed manual
score!

Any idea on pricing?

I am assuming they are keeping the AWD, and that FWD should be a little cheaper. But there's no info on the Dodge site so far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
From what I've read elsewhere, Dodge is no longer making the 2006.5 Caliber so all orders placed that have not been built are true 2007 Calibers. If you have the last 8 digits of your VIN (NOT VON!), if it starts with a 7 then you have a 2007 Caliber, if it starts with a 6, then you have a 2006.5 Caliber.

I ordered mine on May 1st when 2006.5 Calibers were being built, but when I got allocation for one, it slipped into 2007.
All Caliber's starts with a 7. All the calibers on Dodge's site that have been on there a while all start with a 7. I ordered mine 4/14 and have a 7 also. Some misinformation there..

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry...was just going off what I read elsewhere...

·
Registered
188 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Yea I got an SXT but I am one of those that actually *like* the chrome grill better! We should set up a thread of just people looking to swap grills! :D
I second that. If you look in the book the dealers have it shows the chrome grill on all the models except the SE. I complained to my dealer and they ordered me the chrome grill. It's been 4 weeks though and I have yet to see it.

If I retain the color matched grill I'd be willing to sell it. Not sure if they will let me keep it though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts