Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking at getting a used Caliber and am 6'5''. I've looked at compact cars and they just don't have the legroom/headroom I need. I'm coming from a 2004 Intrepid that was very comfortable but am giving it to my son for his first car. I like the looks of the Caliber and the gas mileage but need comfort as I drive quite a bit for my job. So, any tall guys want to chime in?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I'm not tall but there is tons of head room and my taller friends have never had a problem with the car at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It sort of is. The seating position is comfortable for tall people, but headroom is lacking with a sun roof. I am comfortable but if the seat could lower 2 more inches it would be nice.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
This is a great car for tall people

I can't sit in smaller cars for any more than an hour before my back begins to remind me that I have to get up. I have my seat a little over half way raised and i reclined the seat a bit so i can still see out the windshield. this car hasn't given me any back problems in teh almost 3 years that i have had it.

oh yeah, i'm 6' 2" and about 200lbs

i typically can't drive/sit in low cars, but the Caliber has been great. I still want to go back to a truck though :jester:

x2 on not getting a sunroof for much more headroom. my head will touch the roof when there is a sunroof in the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My fiancé is 6'2" and he loves the Cali! He actually has to move the drivers seat forward to drive. First vehicle he's ever had to do that with, back seat is plenty big for adult passengers! Also love that the back seat reclines a ways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the great responses. I will definitely sit in one before I buy but my research has really pointed me towards the Caliber for everything I'm looking for and they are a great value. Thanks again. You were all very helpful. I'll keeo you posted as to my progress.

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
The sunroof adds no hight to the outside of the car, so yea... A couple inches lost on the inside.

My X had a Saturn with a sun roof... my hair used to brush against the roof of the car and drive me battie and I'm only 6'.

Caliber is a full 11" taller than the neon was, which is why I like it so much better. I can even wear my hat (yes, I'm an oldster!) while driving. Avoid the sun roof and you'll do fine.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
My fiancé is 6'2" and he loves the Cali! He actually has to move the drivers seat forward to drive. First vehicle he's ever had to do that with, back seat is plenty big for adult passengers! Also love that the back seat reclines a ways.
X2 reclining back seat is awesome. I have to move the seat one or two clicks forward as well especially so I can use the clutch. AND I can sit behind myself in the caliber

·
Registered
976 Posts
Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Im 6'2" and have no problem. Getting in and out may be an issue, but you will always have that problem in just about any car. My father is 6'4" and looks quite awkward trying to get in my car. Once in though there is plenty of head room. Leg space is fairly narrow in the front though due to the dash layout but you have plenty of room lengthwise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 6'4 and bought the Caliber in part because of the headroom. Mine also has a sunroof and it still has plenty of clearance.

-D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here, I'm 6'4 and 235lbs and feel very comfortable driving the caliber. Drove 8 hours to the beach and felt great when I arrived.

Devildog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I bought a 2007 SXT in Silver yesterday. I was very happy with the test drive and the price was right. The only downside is that this model has the fake plastic hubcap rims on it. Thinking about getting something in black and chrome. I'm really excited about this vehicle. I think it's a little more comfortable than my 2004 Intrepid. Thanks for the advice!

Scott

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Well, I bought a 2007 SXT in Silver yesterday. I was very happy with the test drive and the price was right. The only downside is that this model has the fake plastic hubcap rims on it. Thinking about getting something in black and chrome. I'm really excited about this vehicle. I think it's a little more comfortable than my 2004 Intrepid. Thanks for the advice!

Scott
nothing wrong with the hubcaps. i've had many people ask me if they are rims :lol:

but i'd prefer rims for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts