Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the car lot, I've never seen more than two Calibers together in one location (mine and another one). Today, I pulled into the gas station right behind a red Caliber. Before I finished pumping gas, both a Steel Blue amd a Black Caliber pulled in. There were four calibers at the gas station, all at the same time.

We all exchanged compliments on each other's cars and asked each other how we liked the cars. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to love their Calibers. It was a mini impromptu Caliber convention.

I just thought it was cool and wanted to share. No real point to this post beyond that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Michael K. said:
Other than the car lot, I've never seen more than two Calibers together in one location (mine and another one). Today, I pulled into the gas station right behind a red Caliber. Before I finished pumping gas, both a Steel Blue amd a Black Caliber pulled in. There were four calibers at the gas station, all at the same time.

We all exchanged compliments on each other's cars and asked each other how we liked the cars. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to love their Calibers. It was a mini impromptu Caliber convention.

I just thought it was cool and wanted to share. No real point to this post beyond that.
there are 5 calibers where i work, all sxt's
2 silver (1 mine)
2 black (1 had dodge emblems stolen)
1 orange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the only Caliber where I work.

Most of the people I work with fall into one of two categories; 1.) Not in the market for a new car right now, or 2.) want a car that represents a status symbol (BMW, Corvette, etc.). I just happen to be the only one who was in the market for a new car and was more concerned about value than status.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I'd love that to happen here but there's not enough of them about at the moment - I've only ever seen 3 on the road and only once since I've had mine.

I bet the other customers must have though you all knew each other :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Caliber owners are too nice to each other here. I think I'm going to start flipping the bird to other Caliber owners just to be different.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Wait till the Spring... every other car on the freggin' road will be a Cali.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Michael K. said:
I just happen to be the only one who was in the market for a new car and was more concerned about value than status.
Who says we don't have STATUS!?? Have you read all the reports here from Cali drivers being delayed because people want to question them about their car? It's happened to me. One guy guessed that the price on the car was in the high-20's. In the Cali, we got value AND status!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Sleazy said:
Caliber owners are too nice to each other here. I think I'm going to start flipping the bird to other Caliber owners just to be different.:p
i love it, dont worry ill return the favor :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Only ever seen one other Cali on the road, it was a Sunbusrt Orange SXT and I havent seen another one yet at all...apart from my own of course LOL.

I feel rather exclusive...thanks to Cali :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
donsmith said:
Who says we don't have STATUS!?? Have you read all the reports here from Cali drivers being delayed because people want to question them about their car? It's happened to me. One guy guessed that the price on the car was in the high-20's. In the Cali, we got value AND status!
you dont understand though, we live in Germany, where people think they can get BMW's so much cheaper, i drive a 96 bmw, by far the most reliable car i've owned, and i only paid 4500 for it, but its european spec so its not worth the money to bring it back, but those who think they can get us spec beemers and mercedes cheap here come to realize its not the case, they get a little off but not much, after being in Germany for 3 years i've lost my interest in beemers, benz, ferrari's, porsches, theres all a dime a dozen here, yeah at first it was amazing, but when i started going to nuerenburg ring, fancy cars are just rich guys with alot of money wanting to show whose billfolds fatter, GO DODGE CALIBER, i show them whose got status! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
donsmith said:
Who says we don't have STATUS!??
Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't say we don't have status. It's just that my descison was based on value instead of status. The status is just a very pleasant side benefit from my purchase. I much prefer the status I have with the caliber than the "pretentious" status that comes with a BMW (before anyone berates me for that comment, I'm a former BMW owner myself).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
And please don't take me too seriously when I ask "Who says we don't have STATUS!??" I say it with a grin on my face. Yes, I mean it, at least for the U.S., but just as a point in a friendly debate. I see the point from the guy in Germany (brings back memories of being in the Army and stationed in Wuerzburg... back when the Earth was cooling) and being surrounded by cars that we see in back in the World as status cars. Here in Big D (Dallas, TX), my Caliber is admired all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
donsmith said:
And please don't take me too seriously. . .
No worries. I'm a fairly easy going guy, I don't get worked up very easy. I didn't take your comment the wrong way and didn't think you were geting argumentative. I just know from years of experience of being online (over 12 years) that the "monotone" black and white text of a message board can make it easy to misunderstand someone since you can't hear the inflections of the voice or the body language and facial expression of the person typing. I just replied the way I did to try to make sure what I said was clear. One thing you'll learn about me as time goes on is that while I may occasionally offend people (usually accidentally) I am rarely ever offended myself. I can't see any reason to waste time and energy to get offended by someone on the other side of a computer screen. Besides, if I do get offended, I find it very easy to simply ignore the post/poster that offended me. It's just not worth my time to get worked up over something I see as trivial in the big picture.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top