Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think Calibers chances are for Car Of The Year?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ya i think that will be the falling grace of this car otherwise i could see that happening, but every manufacture that has a new car out this year is having the same issues...you can't find a honduh fit for sale anywhere around here. the stealerships are all on back order.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the odds are slim. What does the Caliber do better than any other car out there? Sure, it's a great overall package but the Caliber's problems (availability, low performance except for the SRT4, cheap interior) outweigh its strong points (cost, CVT, cargo space). I think the Caliber will be nominated for CotY but I doubt it'll win. Personally, I think the Lexus LS will take the title this year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nah yall got it all wrong!

And for the luxury segment:

:D What can I say, I'm biased. Give me a black R320 CDI and I'm good for onroad, give me a Patriot just cause its another Jeep (can ever have too many of 'em!)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CoriolisSTORM said:

:D What can I say, I'm biased. Give me a black R320 CDI and I'm good for onroad, give me a Patriot just cause its another Jeep (can ever have too many of 'em!)
Another DCX fan...Welcome to the club :D :p ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sucks that we have to wait until 2007 for the Patriot. Looks like a great overall package and the styling is better than the Compass. It should be a decent rival for the Equinox/Torrent, Rav4, CR-V, and Escape/Mariner.

I agree with others that the Caliber has zero chance of making Car of the Year simply because it is not a break through vehicle. When the Mazda3 came out, that was a redefinition of what a Econobox could really be. When you look at Car of the Year, you have to look at a vehicle that is changing the landscape of the automotive industry and that does not mean the best selling car either.

When you combine the cheap interior plastics and the mid-pack performance compared to the competition, it is easy to rule out Caliber for Car of the Year.

I'm actually extremely interested what vehicle Motor Trend will put up for Car of the Year next year. There is really no car out there that has really made a huge impact on the market.

Right now my running favorite is the new Saturn Aura.

·
Registered
197 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:

NICE!! someone around here has one of those, in silver I think and its pretty nice, id drive it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts