Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. Well now I feel extra safe in case of collision after watching the video. No deformation AT ALL in the passenger area. Awesome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent! Thanks!

That video is cool!

But where are the side air bags? And does it look to you that the seat belt breaks? I watched it about 10 times and can't tell if that is the seat belt breaking or what?

All said and done though, THAT is how a car should absorb the energy and disperse it away from the cockpit; and THAT is how a cockpit should be structurally sound to protect the occupant........ at least in this front end crash.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the tests, including the IIHS offset crash test.

So far, it's all green to go!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is great news. I've gotta admit, it was a concern of mine how well this car would do in the crash tests. At the time I was shopping, I was between this and an HHR and I already knew the HHR had a 5-star rating, so the unknown factor of the Caliber crash tests did concern me. Glad I went for the Dodge!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think they would test the side air bag in a head on crash just becuase they don't want the air bag to deploy and block the view of the camera. That is just my guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts