Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vision67 said:
I'd focus on two easy opportunities to differentiate Caliber from the Mazda 3s:
Lucky for us they chose performance to "differentiate" the Caliber. 300+ HP is all the cool I need. I for one like the fact that dodge bucks the system, I say get away from all the focus group, lets appeal to everyone, so as to not upset anyone mentality. By doing so dodge could become the rebel manufacturer which would make it "cool" to many.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
I think it looks "manly"..........

I'm not really a fan of power.. the 2.0L will probably suit me fine. Now make a hybrid model to get the mpg estimates up!

Aaron
so as long as it looks "manly" it doesn't actually have to be manly?

Also do you want a hybrid to save money or to save the earth?

·
Registered
41 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
And Don't forget reducing our dependency from foreign oil ;)

Both... I've done the math.... on the Civic I would recoop the cost in less than two years considering the mileage I put in storm chasing every year.

Better mileage = better range = less time I have to spend filling gas = better for storm chasing

Unlike many of you in here, I have no interest in SRT versions of any of the product or souping up my vehicle. Just not my thing. I've had enough speeding tickets in my 4cyl Saturn SL2 anyway ;) Perhaps if I'm ever loaded with cash I'll get a vehicle for power/speed but thats a few decades off :p

Aaron
Well in the long run, hybrids are not gonna save us money. States get their money for road maintenance and construction from gas taxes. Less people buying gas, less taxes. Thats why California is proposing paying taxes according to the miles driven. They are losing money because of all the gas sipping hybrids, so they will get it from its citizens somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.