Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Perhaps I can offer some insight considering I myself am 24 years old.

First of all, I like the look of the Caliber. I think it looks "manly" yet versatile with plenty of storage space. I also like the innovation that has gone into it. AS for other cars I'm looking at? Mainly the Ford Fusion,Mazda 3, Honda Civic, and a couple of others.

It is true that I perceive foreign cars to be better built. That said, I'm not sure if that is neccesarily the case these days... the problem is building back the reputation. If I could, I'd buy US to support my country, but that won't stop me from buying a better car that is from overseas. My top two choices right now are American brands, however.

As for losing the cd player.... no way! Not yet at least. Many of us still don't own ipods believe it or not. I'm more than happy to burn mp3s on to plastic disks that cost less than 50 cents to purchase ;)

I do like the roof rack idea. When I have the $$ someday, a kayak would be nice to tow around.

I'm not really a fan of power.. the 2.0L will probably suit me fine. Now make a hybrid model to get the mpg estimates up!

Aaron

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also do you want a hybrid to save money or to save the earth?
And Don't forget reducing our dependency from foreign oil ;)

Both... I've done the math.... on the Civic I would recoop the cost in less than two years considering the mileage I put in storm chasing every year.

Better mileage = better range = less time I have to spend filling gas = better for storm chasing

so as long as it looks "manly" it doesn't actually have to be manly?
Unlike many of you in here, I have no interest in SRT versions of any of the product or souping up my vehicle. Just not my thing. I've had enough speeding tickets in my 4cyl Saturn SL2 anyway ;) Perhaps if I'm ever loaded with cash I'll get a vehicle for power/speed but thats a few decades off :p

Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.