Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I managed to rear end a chevy cavalier, pushing it into a pole. No injuries to anyone involved, luckily. The chevy sustained fairly extensive damage to front and rear. Both airbags deployed on the cavalier. No deployment in caliber. The caliber front end handled the impact well. Looks like new bumper will be needed, not sure what else. The higher ride in the Caliber was probably the difference in the crash damage.
If anyone's interested, I will post details when I get a repair estimate.
My SXT lasted six days, and I have only myself to blame.

·
Registered
340 Posts
WOW! Sorry to hear that. Hope everybody is Okay.

Seems like we are seeing some accidents on our Calibers already. Hopefully the trend does NOT continue.

Good luck in your repairs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah, the important thing is that you weren't hurt - and hopefully the cavi-driver is okay too.

Keep us posted about what happens - getting work done on a very new car sucks :( Good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
JoeDodge said:
...and I have only myself to blame.
Man, I am feeling your grief. I am in a Caliber owner only because I did a bad thing with my Pontiac Vibe. Moral to this is that some good things could happen from what appears to be a BAD thing. Keep your chin up. The most important thing is that everyone came out of it with good health. The rest of it...well, that's what insurance is for.

Tyke

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the concern & support. It is appreciated.
The driver of the cavalier is ok as well. He said at the scene he was not injured, and he also declined to be checked by ambulance crew. (around here the ambulance crews monitor police band and respond just in case). We talked as we waited for police and as we were completing our statements, and he said he was ok.
As excited as I was by my new Caliber, it is after all simply an inanimate object, a possession. The important thing is no one was injured.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to know you are fine and the other party is too... Make sure that his statement of being okay was note the accident statement. Too many times a person feels fine due to adreneline, then 24 hours later the damage starts to appear... But, glad no one was seriously injuried.

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sucks about the car, but good to know that you are okay and so are the other people? I myself was in an accident less than a week ago in my 02 neon, which led into me getting my caliber. I had wanted one for a while, and I personally think it was fate, as silly as that sounds. Everything happens for a reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too just got involved in an accident with my Caliber. I've only had it for 2 months now. I was on the interstate and the person in front of me slammed on their brakes. I hit my brakes but realized I wouldn't be able to stop in time so I tried to swerve over to the right, but the guy in front of me did the same. I didn't really feel the impact at all and the airbags didn't deploy, so that was good. The bumper and the grill got cracked, and the hood was pushed back a bit. Overall the damage to my Caliber was not bad at all, though I do feel sorry for the Civic that I hit. I sure did a number on that rear end (please ignore the potential sexual overtones in that statement). Thankfully the person I hit was not upset in the least.

Ever since the accident I've been driving like a grandma. I guess that's good for the fuel economy but it's driving me bonkers.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys! :eek: Glad you're both O.K.

Caliber's seem to be pretty stout, I hope this collision trend doesn't continue...:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Glad to hear all is fine with the people involved! Also....yet another SAFE Dodge product to thank here! If you were in a Ferrari....well.....lets just end it at that!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean, those split Enzo's...:(

·
Registered
226 Posts
So very glad that all of you are alright! Let us know how the repairs go.

Tiff

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, forgot to mention that! Let us know how it goes! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts