Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered my caliber before april...but, didnt receive my vin untill april...my caliber shipped out from the factory on the 26th...and won't arrive to the dealership around may 12th...may 7th the earliest...

i have been seeing sxts with body color...I DO NOT WANT A CALIBER with body color grill...that alone would turn me off from the caliber all together...because it really throws off the look and keeps everything monochrome.........:mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would prefer a body colored grille. Either that or all black. The chrome trim on it just seems to clash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have been seeing sxts with body color...I DO NOT WANT A CALIBER with body color grill...that alone would turn me off from the caliber all together...because it really throws off the look and keeps everything monochrome.........:mad:[/quote]

I agree with you, I ordered my car expecting the chrome grill as shown and described in the Caliber brochure and now DCX decides that they're going to change in mid-stream........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
canoenut said:
i have been seeing sxts with body color...I DO NOT WANT A CALIBER with body color grill...that alone would turn me off from the caliber all together...because it really throws off the look and keeps everything monochrome.........:mad:
I agree with you, I ordered my car expecting the chrome grill as shown and described in the Caliber brochure and now DCX decides that they're going to change in mid-stream........[/quote]

...can any of the "dodge reps" confirm inform us of any info please...:confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
canoenut said:
I agree with you, I ordered my car expecting the chrome grill as shown and described in the Caliber brochure and now DCX decides that they're going to change in mid-stream........
If you're expecting the chromed grill...as described in the brochure/vehicle make-up, shouldn't DCX honor that? I don't know...I guess I'm asking the same question as everyone else. I've got the chrome grilll...and I like it. BUT, I understand the comments about NOT liking it. To each person their own opinion. :)

Tyke

·
Registered
343 Posts
actually...equipment can change from a manufacturer without notice or obligation to previous purchasers...

That said...isn't the body color grill part of the SXT Sport package?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you don't like the body colour grille have your dealer switch it with a chrome one...they must be able to get them in their parts dept.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I didn't realize my chrome grill would become a collector's item! Willing to swap chrome for a red plus a case of Blue Light!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I like the chrome better too!! I think it looks good with the marine blue.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Base SXTs come with body-colored grilles. Chrome grilles are only standard on the R/T. If you ordered an SXT with a chrome grille, then you should be getting one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In the brochure it states: the Caliber SXT "Includes the standard gear of the SE trim except where additions are noted:Chrome grille"

It's the first item mentioned to distinguish the SXT from the SE!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silverfox said:
Base SXTs come with body-colored grilles. Chrome grilles are only standard on the R/T. If you ordered an SXT with a chrome grille, then you should be getting one.
sorry...but, i think for the first time i've noticed in a post...you are incorrect silverfox. the only model that originally came with just the body color grilles...was the base se models...sxt and r/t are automatically chrome grilles...doesn't matter if sxt or sxt sport.

when you configure the car on dodge site...(when i did...haven't checked since...) it even specifys on the specifications...

i called my dealership...and they said they won't lose a car sale over something like a chrome grille that should be included if purchase was made prior to "change" (which they said they haven't heard anything about)...that dodge would honor its sale.

·
Registered
119 Posts
athos1800 said:
Mark one more for the chrome grill score. I think it really looks good on my black caliber.
I second that! As the grill with the chrome trim is black in the center it fits really well with the car. I thought that the chrome trim looked great with the mag wheels and was thinking about getting the chrome door spears just to balance out the black as the car is pretty much monotone.

·
Registered
901 Posts
MrTyke said:
If you're expecting the chromed grill...as described in the brochure/vehicle make-up, shouldn't DCX honor that?
Ramsport47 said:
actually...equipment can change from a manufacturer without notice or obligation to previous purchasers...
(my perspective here is from my job in an engineering dept and first-hand experience interfacing with manufacturing...)

It's all timing.... it all depends on when the product change is scheduled to be incorporated into the manufacturing line. I'm sure they try their best to ensure that orders placed before the change will have all parts as the customer expected them. But as the build order dates change (some move up, others move out) there may be a few that will land on the "other" side of the change's incorporation date and thus get built with the "other" part.

What seems to be missing in the case of our grilles is communication back to all the dealers. Not to previous purchasers but to PROSPECTIVE purchasers. Customers have a right to know what exactly they will be getting (especially if they are special-ordering the vehicle); as evidenced by this thread, the ability to meet certain expectations is falling thru the cracks just a lil bit. Engineering and/or Manufacturing might not think a grille is such a big deal, but it's obviously big enough to invoke strong feelings one way or the other.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ok guys word for word of the memo.

To all Dealers:

Effective april 8 2006 the caliber Sxt Sport (23E/24E) will now include a body colour grille.

Previously the bright chrome grill MFD was included in the package.

As a result of this change value price for the Sxt Sport will be reduced to 540$ MSRP (canadian).

blah blah

Chrysler

1 - 20 of 47 Posts