Dodge Caliber Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a 2007 SXT Caliber with the 2.0 and was wanting to get better Fuel Economy. I usually get 28MPG on the highway.........
My SE 2007 Caliber always got good mpg from the beginning, averaging 31.4mpg in its first year, slipping to 31mpg in years thereafter because I'm not taking as many long highway trips. When featherfooted carefully, it would average 33mpg even will traveling through mountain passes. On level highways, 35mpg was to be expected. In the last 6 months I have been using 100% pure gas, not 10% ethanol blends. From another thread:
////////////////////

Go to pure-gas.org to find accurate maps & addresses to the small minority of stations that sell 100% pure gasoline.

I tried 100% pure gasoline two decades ago. I didn't test it thoroughly & thought it wasn't much superior to 10% ethanol blends. Recently, I retested 100% gas over many more fill-ups & with 3 cars. Also, I had accurate records of the cars previously using 10% ethanol blend over many years. There has been dramatic differences in mpg between 10% ethanol summer & winter gasolines & seasons.

Preliminary results of 100% gasoline (without a season of summer 100% gasoline mpg):

My 2007 Dodge Caliber w/CVT indicates 7-8% increase in mpg.

My 1988 Ford Festiva w/4sp & 1.3 liter engine indicates 7-8% increase in mpg.

My wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent w/5sp & 1.6 liter engine indicates 4+% increase in mpg.

Again, these mpg increases is WITHOUT summer blend gasoline within the use of 100% gasoline which nearly universally gives even higher mpg.

Within 3 weeks of using 100% pure gas, in the 3 cars, 2 of the cars set their all-time mpg high marks. The 2007 Caliber had a high of 37.8 mpg, whereas its previous high was 35.6mpg. The 1988 Ford Festiva had a 100% gasoline high of 57.5mpg, with a 10% ethanol blend high of 53mpg.

Slightly improved smoothness is noted in the already smooth CVT Caliber. The Ford Festiva, which is carbureted, is smoother & sometimes very much smoother during some shifts, with 100% gasoline.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 SXT Caliber with the 2.0 and was wanting to get better Fuel Economy. I usually get 28MPG on the highway and am wanting to know what everyone has found to work to improve MPG. My first plan of action is to Purchase a dop-in K&N Filter. Any other ideas? Plugs? CAI? Chips? Oil? Anything
If you want to get better gas mileage, and you don't mind shedding some money out, have a pro install a turbo kit and tell him you want it tuned for fuel efficiency, (not horsepower),I had one installed in my 2008 dodge caravan and it boosted my fuel efficiency as well as my horsepower, I could hardly hear if I had one installed because he did such an excellent job, you don't have to worry about blowing your head or changing any interior parts in your engine, because it's not going to be a large boost.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts