Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a some of the "goodies" available from Mopar Performance and your go fast,look good source Moparsupercenter.com.

P5153564 Catback Exhaust system Mopar list $749.00 MPSC Price $630.56

P5153566 Tubular exhaust headers Mopar list $329.00 MPSC Price $284.54

P5153572 Cold Air Intake System Mopar list $339.00 MPSC Price $292.61

These items are in stock and ready to ship!
This is just a few of the things we can do for you!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mopar rates the three of them combined at 10 HP. I call bullshit, Mopar has been known to underrate their stuff.
Headers alone should be worth about 10, Cat-Back maybe 5-7, Intake about 4-5.
I'm betting at least 20?

I cannot wait to get my hands on my Caliber...:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
caliber4whoosh said:
Mopar rates the three of them combined at 10 HP. I call bullshit, Mopar has been known to underrate their stuff.
I'm betting at least 20?

I tend to agree with you based on what we saw with mods to SRT-4. Mopar very much under estimstes the performance increases.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I tend to agree with you based on what we saw with mods to SRT-4. Mopar very much under estimstes the performance increases.
Jeff
Better to under than over :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
n1vek said:
But how could you justify that price for a 10 horsepower gain? It seems like it wouldn't do much as far as a increase in performance goes.

Well ......it is for a N/A caliber. You arent going to get the best bang for your buck possible.

·
Registered
506 Posts
what about for a 1.8ltr manual... any word on the compatibility of the headers and exhaust for the 1.8

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well ......it is for a N/A caliber. You arent going to get the best bang for your buck possible.
I know that a Turbo setup would yield a much larger gain in hp, but what about other costs? Is the Caliber ready to go for a tubro setup? If not, how much would it cost to get a Caliber R/T ready to run a turbo kit? From what I have read, it takes a lot of tuning and retuning to get a turbo kit running smoothly.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
n1vek said:
I know that a Turbo setup would yield a much larger gain in hp, but what about other costs? Is the Caliber ready to go for a tubro setup? If not, how much would it cost to get a Caliber R/T ready to run a turbo kit? From what I have read, it takes a lot of tuning and retuning to get a turbo kit running smoothly.

Sure.. you can custom make a turbo kit. If we werent so hard at work with the neon srt and caliber srt, we could even make them.

It depends on who tunes the car really. Some up keep is in order, but you shouldnt have to do much with a low PSI bolt on kit.

I havent had a caliber R/T in the shop, so I havent tested a thing on it. Im sure 40-50whp increase shouldnt be very hard though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sure.. you can custom make a turbo kit. If we werent so hard at work with the neon srt and caliber srt, we could even make them.

It depends on who tunes the car really. Some up keep is in order, but you shouldnt have to do much with a low PSI bolt on kit.

I havent had a caliber R/T in the shop, so I havent tested a thing on it. Im sure 40-50whp increase shouldnt be very hard though.
Drool...

A 40-50 hp gain would be huge. That is horsepower to the wheels though right? (whp?) So a gain of 40-50 to the wheels would be much more beneficial than 40-50 to the flywheel? Also, do you know what kind of hp/torque is put to the wheels on any of the Caliber engines? If everything I said is wrong, correct me please because I am assuming that is what "whp" means.

·
Registered
506 Posts
any reccomendation on who to trust to install/tune your new turbo or supercharger setup?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just hope to see some suspension stuff before too long... that 4x4 sport ute look has got to go.

straight line jitteryness has been experienced by several reviewers... saying the rear of the car doesn't seem to track well at higher speeds... makes me think the rear multi-link / control blade setup can do better with some stiffer stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
mudstone said:
any reccomendation on who to trust to install/tune your new turbo or supercharger setup?

Well we obviously do it, but we arent in germany :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
n1vek said:
Drool...

A 40-50 hp gain would be huge. That is horsepower to the wheels though right? (whp?) So a gain of 40-50 to the wheels would be much more beneficial than 40-50 to the flywheel? Also, do you know what kind of hp/torque is put to the wheels on any of the Caliber engines? If everything I said is wrong, correct me please because I am assuming that is what "whp" means.

Yes WHP means wheel horsepower. Yes when talking horsepower, its better for a 40whp gain, as oppposed to flywheel. There is drivetrain loss, so flywheel HP is always more than WHP

Each car will be different for WHP. It also matters what type of dyno you are on. Some read much higher than others.

I do know what whp a certain model that hasnt come out has;) , but that could always change for production.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
holeydonut said:
I just hope to see some suspension stuff before too long... that 4x4 sport ute look has got to go.

straight line jitteryness has been experienced by several reviewers... saying the rear of the car doesn't seem to track well at higher speeds... makes me think the rear multi-link / control blade setup can do better with some stiffer stuff.

Yes and Im not happy with the SRT version aswell.

Suspension parts usually come out fairly quickly in the aftermarket world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't get fooled by the HP numbers!! First off if one part states a gain of 5hp and another a gain of 10... Don't expect a total gain of 15!! There are many factors that affect gains.... Combined they may only gain 8hp at Peak or even none... What I am saying is that the claimed a gains might be only where the motor is not as strong.. Also some parts take power away in places and add in others...

So What Mopar is rating is probably a close number to what they will produce...

A Dyno sheet never lies!

:)

Mike

caliber4whoosh said:
Mopar rates the three of them combined at 10 HP. I call bull****, Mopar has been known to underrate their stuff.
I'm betting at least 20?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts