Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just exhausted myself this weekend looking for the damn Caliber, all i kept hearing from dealers were "I have a shipment coming in", blah blah blah. One dealer had a Black SXT on the floor, and wouldn't sell it to me even after I offered to pay 1000.00 more! I just don't have any patience for waiting (almost bought a Charger yesterday). I see all the posts about people having purchased their new Caliber and such, but what people are leaving out is the out of door price paid. Can we just "add" the price paid for the caliber, along with model & all or any options included/added? Thanks, I want to know what I can get one for. Congratulations with all who've been successful thus far.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
give this thread a read through you might find something interesting..
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348
i got my caliber sxt sport with sunroof, heated seats, musicgate, uconnect, security package, driver convenience package, 6 disc stereo. msrp was $23620 i got mine after taxes and everything for $21000. i also work for DCX so i got a nice discount...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Performance Dodge, in Lincoln, NE, is running DCX Employee Pricing on ALL in-stock units through Monday, and that includes Caliber.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they have quite a few in stock and I don't mean SE's. They have atleast one R/T in stock, and several SXT's.

I think this is where GOT bought his from, maybe he can chime in.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, the link was very insightful. Do any of you think if I went to Dodge's webstie and built a RT/AWD, and after all options I came up with a price of 20,785 per say, and went to the dealer with that printout, and the dealer had an RT/AWD with exact same options in it, but it a MSRP of 22,245... shouldn't the dealer honor that price no?

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah good luck with them honoring that price the only way they will is if they really need to sell a car or you ordered it from chrysler through the dealer. Unfortunatly they look at like this if wont buy it for that price someone esle will. My wife got hers with every option except sunroof, leather/heated seats out the door for $20,800. She got the SXT. We even got them to throw in the chrome gas filler cap, alarm and remote start. But we got it the last day of march and they needed to make thier quota. At that time chryler also had a $500 instant rebate that helped.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
TommyLee said:
Performance Dodge, in Lincoln, NE, is running DCX Employee Pricing on ALL in-stock units through Monday, and that includes Caliber.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they have quite a few in stock and I don't mean SE's. They have atleast one R/T in stock, and several SXT's.

I think this is where GOT bought his from, maybe he can chime in.
Yes, that's where I bought mine from (Performance Dodge). Great place, and the sales guy is a decent guy... I mean he is a salesman but didn't act like most of the salesmen I've dealt with... it was for the most part a pleasant experience.

STEELBLueCALI said:
Do any of you think if I went to Dodge's webstie and built a RT/AWD, and after all options I came up with a price of 20,785 per say, and went to the dealer with that printout, and the dealer had an RT/AWD with exact same options in it, but it a MSRP of 22,245... shouldn't the dealer honor that price no?
I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that if they have a strong enough demand that they could raise the price until people stop buying it. I know with the Pontiac Solstice that GM asked the dealers not to mark up the price and some dealers cooperated and others didn't.

·
Registered
245 Posts
All dealerships are independently owned and operated, as a result they are free to set vehicle pricing as they see fit. This applies to all Used, CPOV, New and Factory ordered vehicles.

The MSRP is provided to act simply as a guideline for consumers and is not guaranteed price. If a dealership is not willing to offer you a price comparable to the MSRP our only suggestion is to visit another dealership that might.

In certain areas you will be hard pressed to find a Caliber with a specific set of options. Demand for the vehicle is outweighing dealership supply.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
In certain areas you will be hard pressed to find a Caliber with a specific set of options.
I simply went to the local Dodge dealer and looked at their forthcoming Caliber-list-on-the-wall and searched for the one I wanted and told them, "I want that one" and they set it aside for me when it showed up at the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the same thing, looked in two states for several weeks. I just went out this past Saturday determined to find one, and to trade my Ram for it. The last dealer at the last hour celebrating their one year anneversary worked pretty darn hard to get me in a SE model. My wife works for Freightliner and gets the EP price so these guys had nothing to gain. The MSPR was 16675.00 they had a ADM of 1999.00 added on top. Our EP was 15025.00. I love the car. I miss my Hemi, but I don't miss the the gas stops. DC did a great job with this CVT. I'm 48 and never remember driving a car that doesn't change gears. The range of the 2.0 and the CVT is perfect in the 30 to 70 mph driveing I do. They nailed it as far a I'm concerned.

·
Registered
746 Posts
don't listen to thunder. it's all lies. trust me on the automatic donkey machine... it'll be the best purchase of your life. my crops have never been planted as well as they have been after the ADM

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:
don't listen to thunder. it's all lies. trust me on the automatic donkey machine... it'll be the best purchase of your life. my crops have never been planted as well as they have been after the ADM
More than crops are getting done with the automatic donkey machine I can probably guarantee you that!!:D:D:D:p

·
Registered
182 Posts
:) Woo Hoo! An Automated Donkey Machine! I thought i had all of the addon/options...but i guess i missed one:) !
Anyways...thanks for the info though!
Cheers!

·
Registered
689 Posts
But NOTHING beats the Trunk Monkey Option, I wish they had that for the Caliber, TRUNK MONKEY would be the best option possible. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was thinking of trading my 2001 Ram in for a Caliber. I missed the suppliers discount of $1500 that disappeared last week. As a guess I'd expect the dealer to only give my 6K-7K for my Ram based on past experiences. KBB shows retail at 10K-11K. Probably have to sell it on my own.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts