Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read this below in another forum ,dit anyone heard about that?????

>>>I just heard from my dealer and Dodge Regional Manager that the Caliber plant has been temporarily shut down due to a "fuel" delivery problem with the Caliber. No detals but it appears that CDX wants to fix the problem to avoid a full recall. All Calibers already made will be shipped. No estimated time for shutdown.

The Regional Manager also indicated that they have yet to put the 3rd shift in place but hope to do so soon at the plant as they gear up for the Jeep Compass and Patriot models. <<<<<<

is That true Cheers Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
I doubt it. First of all, they are already making the Jeeps, so chances are the third shift is and has been up and running. Second of all it's DCX not CDX, which makes me question whoever wrote that (maybe an honest typo but still...). I think this is either someone intentionally putting out false information, or the dealer is lying to "stall". I hope I'm not wrong LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
In all honesty, in the event of a legitimate factory slow/shut down you would likely see something on automotive/financial websites. I would personally chalk it up to Dealer BS.

The biggest problem we have now is our inability to produce Calibers quickly enough to catch up with demand.

When they begin the third shift, there should be a press release to go along with it. Much like when they added the 2nd shift, they love to proclaim how many people they hired and how it will benefit the area/state.

It also allows them to mention the upcoming Patriot.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
i thought it was posted a while about in July that the 3rd shift was up and running, but building the Compass not the Caliber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Tigerr said:
i thought it was posted a while about in July that the 3rd shift was up and running, but building the Compass not the Caliber.
Whoops, I was mistaken. The Third Shift did in fact begin back in July. I am still experiencing a bit of calendar shock realizing its now mid September.

Here was the press release announcing the addition.
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=6071

Here is the last press release mentioning how the plant is running (09/05/06).
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=6071

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
One sure way to find out what's happening at the plant - call them:
Chrysler Belvidere Plant
3000 West Chrysler Drive
Belvidere, Illinois 61008

(815) 547-2200
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
Whoops, I was mistaken. The Third Shift did in fact begin back in July. I am still experiencing a bit of calendar shock realizing its now mid September.

Here was the press release announcing the addition.
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=6071

Here is the last press release mentioning how the plant is running (09/05/06).
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=6071

Dan
Umm those sites require a username and password. I am curious because my dealer told me they aren't making 1.8 Manuals right now because they ran out of transmissions. Of course that is the reason mine is running so late.

Why doesn't Dodge think to have a website where people could check their own status instead of all these rumors and work arounds, and calling their dealer to get lies??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
DaimlerChrysler you mean? I’m sure there are some liability & security issues with such a system but honestly I do not know. I would wager that someone would have an issue with it.

Many people have had similar suggestions and the only thing we can refer them to the Outside Suggestion Office.

DaimlerChrysler Corporation outside suggestion office
https://www.osow.daimlerchrysler.com/osow/suggest/Welcome.do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
thanks, It's just sad in this day when I can track an envelope across the world for $.50 that I can't track the progress of my $17,000 purchase. I will make the suggestion, thanks again for the link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I think the issue may be that the vehicle is still within the same building so technically it has only moved through assembly. By outlining how long it takes to do Job 1-2-3-672 in assembly/trim/paint it might be seen as giving away some sort of manufacturing secret they don’t want anyone to know about.

Quite honestly I don’t have a real explanation why they don't but my assumption is that until recently, most customers didn't care.

My opinion is that until recently, people were content with the "it's being built, It should be here between X and Y" responses from the past. I know times are changing yet the mentality of the large companies hasn’t changed nearly as fast as those of the consumer. I agree with you, you should be able to track a vehicle from Day 1 to Delivery at the dealership. It’s certainly doable, UPS/Fedex etc. has shown us that.

Essentially as a consumer you expect this service to be available but it is the companies understanding that no one wants/needs this feature. What it takes is a bunch of people requesting this feature to start the wheels in motion make them realize it might be worth looking into.

I agree with you because I am the exact same way.

Now as far as I know, vehicles shipped by rail can be tracked via the Rail Companies websites. I forget the names of the 1-2 rail companies DCX uses but I believe someone posted the names on these forums.

Keep in mind the above was posted as personal opinion and does not represent the views or opinions of DaimlerChrysler. Just my $.02.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
I think the issue may be that the vehicle is still within the same building so technically it has only moved through assembly. By outlining how long it takes to do Job 1-2-3-672 in assembly/trim/paint it might be seen as giving away some sort of manufacturing secret they don’t want anyone to know about.

Quite honestly I don’t have a real explanation why they don't but my assumption is that until recently, most customers didn't care.

My opinion is that until recently, people were content with the "it's being built, It should be here between X and Y" responses from the past. I know times are changing yet the mentality of the large companies hasn’t changed nearly as fast as those of the consumer. I agree with you, you should be able to track a vehicle from Day 1 to Delivery at the dealership. It’s certainly doable, UPS/Fedex etc. has shown us that.

Essentially as a consumer you expect this service to be available but it is the companies understanding that no one wants/needs this feature. What it takes is a bunch of people requesting this feature to start the wheels in motion make them realize it might be worth looking into.

I agree with you because I am the exact same way.

Now as far as I know, vehicles shipped by rail can be tracked via the Rail Companies websites. I forget the names of the 1-2 rail companies DCX uses but I believe someone posted the names on these forums.

Keep in mind the above was posted as personal opinion and does not represent the views or opinions of DaimlerChrysler. Just my $.02.

Dan
I understand your point, I understand it's your opinion too. I mean I and most others would just be content to know, "My cali is in D1 status and should be built on the 18th". Thanks for your input I will suggest it. I mean I can call my dealer and they are pretty good about knowing I am impatient. But it would be better all around if I could just look it up. I will stop my whining and go back to hoping my car will be here soon.
:D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top