Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've mentioned it before but the launch of the JEEP Patriot at the BAP Belvidere Assy Plant has happened. If you didn't already know it, we also build both the JEEP Compass and the Dodge Caliber all down the same production line. It only makes sence that now with the launch of the JEEP Patriot, less Calibers will be built daily making the wait times longer. Well that is unless they reduce the production of the JEEP Compass.

Read about the launch here:

http://www.rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006112190067

·
Registered
147 Posts
Interesting. I have yet to see a Compass in person yet, so I assume that the long waits for the Caliber are also being experienced by those that ordered the Compass too.

J

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That all depends on the amount or orders for the Caliber vs. the JEEP Compass. Although, I can't give out any order numbers we all know there are long lines of people wanting Calibers... maybe because the Caliber is liked by a wider range of age group than DCX expected.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Plenty of Compasses and Calibers here in Cleveland...The Compass looks better in person than in pics

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ramsport47 - Using your zip code 44101 and Dodge.com website I see most of the Calibers in stock in your area are like most other dealerships with regular colors and no liftgate speaker/sub system.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would not trust that DODGE.COM inventory. I have been looking at purchasing another R/T and there are a lot of Calibers on the lots here in Cleveland and TONS of them have the music gate. SXT's and R/T's - Silvers, Reds, Blues, Oranges.

I am currently playing the price game on a Black R/T AWD with leather and gate and a Blue R/T AWD with gate and colored keyed inserts at two Different dealerships. Neither dealer shows these two in their Inventory online by DODGE.COM or their own site.

I am around the 44101 zip code as well. The two dealers are within 15-20 miles of the 44101 zip code.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is a dealer here in SC that has 15 of the compasses in stock...but i have yet to see one driving around in real life.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree on the Dodge.com availability. I bought my Liberty and my partner bought his Wrangler both last friday, and jeep.com still lists both of them as available, and doesn't list the 10 new Wranglers that came in on tuesday. I don't think they update their sites very often

·
Registered
3 Posts
picked up the "last" RT that my dealer had a couple of weeks back.

went back today and drove behind the lots, rows and rows caliber's just setting there...

mostly R/T's too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah, we have a TON of un-sold Calibers here in Windsor. All of the dealerships have a LOT sitting in stock and there is also a Chrysler storage yard that has a ton of them.

The compass is pretty common too, see them driving around all the time, in fact, there was one in the parking lot tonight when i was at the gym.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I found that the local dealer here has too many SE's. I'm a sucker for options. I love all the little gadgets these have to offer, But an SE.....

They over order a plain car and no one buys it. I remember an old SRT/4 sitting around at the dealer for months before it was sent away to another. Hardly anyone drives a 5 speed anymore either. People want plush cars that work for em!

·
Registered
614 Posts
kaj27 said:
I found that the local dealer here has too many SE's. I'm a sucker for options. I love all the little gadgets these have to offer, But an SE.....

They over order a plain car and no one buys it. I remember an old SRT/4 sitting around at the dealer for months before it was sent away to another. Hardly anyone drives a 5 speed anymore either. People want plush cars that work for em!
I was in to the local dealer to pick up an oil filter and noticed quite a few Calibers where not to long ago there were few. I mentioned it to a salesman and he commented that they were mostly SE plainers, some without even A/C. I have to agree, most people will part with a few dollars more on this type of major purchase rather than settle for just the basics.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll bet if you find SXT's on a dealer lot, most don't have the tailgate music system. As more people talk about how GREAT it is we should see more of the dealers order cars with them.

The dealers are just now catching on about the fact floor mats nolonger come standard and are just ordering them as an option rather than listen to the consumers complain.

I still think DCX should make them standard, but I'm just a line worker. :D

That's already been covered in a previous thread:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2964&highlight=listen+up

·
Registered
147 Posts
Guess is depends on where you are. On our York, PA / Baltimore, MD commute, we're lucky if we see even 1 Caliber every 2 weeks.

Have yet to see a Compass in person around here.

J

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good news for me atleast, I am waiting for my Patriot to be built!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
kaj27 said:
My Caliber is gonna take a LOOONG time.....
I ordered mine around the 20th of Dec and they said it was probably going to be here in late March, maybe early April. The dealership called last week though and said mine would be built Feb 6th and I'm getting it at the end of Feb, one month earlier..wooohooo :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
DCX :mad: I ordered mine 4th of Dec 06 and the dealer can't tell me when i get it. They give me the VON & VIN # and it say they are in D status but it was 9th of jan 07 since then nothing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ordered : Caliber 2007 SXT E package marine blue
Engine 2L ,CVT2
Music Gate,Heated Seat,Secutity package,Comodity package,
Towing package.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone missed my offer in previous threads I'll offer again. If you PM me your VIN# or either your Caliber, JEEP Compass or JEEP Patriot currently on order I'll watch for it in the computer system and also online. When I see it being built in the system I'll tell you. If it's built on my shift I'll try to make time to look it over extra hard as it passes through my team. Some users here have previously given me their VIN# and I've already seen those built. Currently, I have no more VIN#'s of users to look for so if your interested drop me a PM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts