Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum Members!!

Does anyone have an idea as to when the front wheel drive Caliber R/T will be available? Also, has anybody heard about the electronic stability control?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
901 Posts
TommyLee said:
As XT said, the R/T FWD, as well as ESP, is available as we speak.
You mean "available" to order, right? When is the plant scheduled to start building it? (Take for example, the 5-speed transmission... there was a 6-month difference between when it became available and when the first one was built.)

And due to the plant's current backlog and how long orders are taking lately, would it be safe to assume that the R/T FWD won't be "available" on dealer lots for at least a couple more months?

·
Registered
46 Posts
How can they start making the FWD R/t and the SRT4 when they are so behind on regular Caliber orders? Plus they are now making the Jeep Compass. My wife and I ordered our Caliber on June 7, and it's still D1 status.

·
Registered
198 Posts
TommyLee said:
As XT said, the R/T FWD, as well as ESP, is available as we speak.
R/T AWD is available now. ESP is not available until the fall. Maybe on orders taken now, with a later delivery, but not on R/Ts on the lots today. The trailer towing group is also not available yet either.

Funny thing though, ESP is available on the Compass NOW!

:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I saw a Cali here in Cleveland with what looked like the factory tow package. It had a Mopar hitch on the back. Sure they could have installed it, but it was on a dealers lot brand new. I did not look at the window sticker very close sorry!!

This was Thursday. It has already left their lot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
OrangeRT said:
I saw a Cali here in Cleveland with what looked like the factory tow package. It had a Mopar hitch on the back. Sure they could have installed it, but it was on a dealers lot brand new. I did not look at the window sticker very close sorry!!

This was Thursday. It has already left their lot.
The real tow package has a larger rad, tranny oil cooler, and something else (I forget right now, sorry). There ain't no real way to tell that it has that unless you get under the hood.

S

·
Registered
173 Posts
R/T FWD is available for order as we speak. Also, ESP is currently only available for order on R/T models (AWD/FWD). The Belvidere plant should already have regular 2007 MY Calibers in production, so they should be hitting the ground shortly.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My Caliber is supposed to be a 2007 model year Caliber. Its not a 2006.5 if thats what you mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts