Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those interested:

I went to the dealer today to get a ball park figure on the price of a FWD R/T and this is how it reads:

Dodge Caliber R/T FWD: 17,425
Customer Preferred Package 26X: 0
2.4L 4 Cyl DOHC 16V Dual VVT Engine: 0
CVT 2: 1,150
Stone White Clear Coat: 0
Monotone Paint: 0
Cloth Seats w/Color-Keyed Insert: 0
Pastel Slate Gray: 0
Daytime Running Lamp System: 40
Blue Seat Insert: 0
UConnect Hands-Free Communication: 275
AM/FM CD 6-Disc MP3 Radio: 320
Supplemental Frt Seat Side Airbags: 250
Sport Appearance Interior Group: 0
Sirius Satellite Radio: 195
Security Group: 200
Power Express Open/Close Sunroof: 750
Musicgate Power (TM) Sound System: 400
Manuf Statement of Origin: 0
Heated Front Seats: 250
Electronic Stability Program: 250
Driver Convenience Group: 0
6.2 Additional Gallons of Gas: 0
California Emissions: 560

TOTAL: 22,465 (+tax)

Options not added: Tow Prep, Smokers Group, Chrome Clad Wheels, Leather Group

I figured I post the pricing on the FWD R/T being the Dodge site is not updated yet. This list also gives a few of the late availability option prices.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Monotone paint? You think they might offer a 2 tone, maybe with hood or side panel stripes?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Eww...a 2 toned Caliber? Yucky! I hardly doubt Dodge will do this. Not very many consumer cars are 2 toned unless its like a sports car or something.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I was thinking of something like the hood panels on the Daytona Charger.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also wondering why they put that on there, maybe it is a generic thing with the printout.

It would have to the the right color combo for a two-tone.

·
Registered
901 Posts
xlimodriver said:
I was thinking of something like the hood panels on the Daytona Charger.
Those are just trim packages (from what I can interpret from dodge.com/charger). The body color paint itself is still 'monotone'.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Any dealer print out will say that if they printed it directly off the ordering site as a quote. The print out I have from another dealer I tried to get my Caliber from has that. Its not just the Caliber that will do that, any vehicle will do that. I guess you could call it a generic thing. Its just explaining that its all one color as opposed to a Dodge Ram which could have 2-toned paint in certain configurations.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thats almost $2000 more than the MSRP on my SXT. For the $2000 that would get the 2.4L, heated seats and Stability Control that my SXT lacks. The R/T also has a better suspension doesn't it? Just wondering what all that $2000 buys.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
What the hell is up with the california emissions addition? I thought all vehicles had to be 50 state legal from the factory.

·
Registered
911 Posts
HSKR said:
What the hell is up with the california emissions addition? I thought all vehicles had to be 50 state legal from the factory.

California and New York have special emissions regulations that any car, new or used has to meet in order to be registered. NYS follows the same regulations as California. He's from NYS, therefore it has California emissions.

All vehicles in NYS and I believe California have to take and pass a safety and emissions test every year. They test/look over things like brakes, suspension components, does the emergency brake work, turning signals, headlights, brake lights, does it pass the emissions requirements set by California/NY. If it passes in NYS, then you an inspection sticker to put in your lower left of the windshield which HAS to be there in order for it to be registered and get plates. If it fails the emissions test then you need to fix what made it fail and retake the test. Of course you get charged for the every test performed as well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I live in Kalifornia. Yes, they have emissions tests, but it's not required on brand new cars for I think it's three years. And even then, they only test every other year or something like that. I didn't have to pay any california emission fee when I bought my SXT here in San Diego. Sounds to me like just another way the dealers are using to get more money from you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts