Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Caliber R/T in late August. I have been informed by the dealer that the car is on a restricted status and will not be built until the part is available or the issue is resolved. The specific part is the sunroof. I know I saw this posted before so I apologize for the re-hash. I also didn't believe it when it was first posted and did not think it would be mine that was affected.
Did Chrysler run out of sunroofs? I can't imagine it has anything to do with defective materials and/or improperly fitting (i.e. leaking) glass as it is all assembled by robots.

Maybe I'll get an 2007 Sebring instead!!:eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
thats a weird part to hold back production...hmm

·
Registered
7 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
I ordered a Caliber R/T in late August. I have been informed by the dealer that the car is on a restricted status and will not be built until the part is available or the issue is resolved. The specific part is the sunroof. I know I saw this posted before so I apologize for the re-hash. I also didn't believe it when it was first posted and did not think it would be mine that was affected.
Did Chrysler run out of sunroofs? I can't imagine it has anything to do with defective materials and/or improperly fitting (i.e. leaking) glass as it is all assembled by robots.

The only thing assembled by robots is in the Boby shop. Sunroofs are installed on trim line one. As far as production issues from sunroofs, I don't know of any. I see alot of sunroofs roll by all day long.
Sorry

·
Registered
111 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:

Yeah, that's what I was told about a week and a half ago when inquiring about the status of my Caliber. I posted a thread on it but didn't get too much information about the specific cause. I guess it's a supplier issue. I'm upset, but I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BAP DCX said:
As far as production issues from sunroofs, I don't know of any. I see alot of sunroofs roll by all day long.
Sorry
I'm sure the salesman has no reason to make this up as he won't get paid until the car leaves the dealer. Maybe it is a supplier issue like mikeyg4l said.

·
Registered
172 Posts
*shrugs* My R/T has a build date of 12/1 with an arrival at the dealer of 12/20.

Chanda

·
Registered
614 Posts
Amandyke said:
The hold for the R/T's is the 2.4 litre engine.

I'm glad I already got mine.
Do you have any details on that?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just to add useless info, but I did ask one of my contacts at Ma Mopar and he just acknowledged the 2.4 was the holdup but no elaboration. Agreeing with what was just stated.........

He also commented about the sunroof delayed production but thought it might be resolved already.

Sorry I have no REAL facts, just did some quick checking with one of my sources.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts