Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not only is the Caliber tough to find on dealer lots in the United States, but it's also selling out in Europe as well. According to AutoWeek, Dodge woefully underestimated European demand for its hatchback replacement for the Neon, causing dealers in Europe to put people on a waiting list in excess of six months.
Many questioned whether Dodge's very American design could do well in Western Europe, but that question is now answered, with 3,238 Calibers were sold so far this year. Dodge sold just 311 vehicles in western Europe all of last year, but announced plans earlier this year to push Dodge as an international brand for the automaker.
[Source: AutoWeek]

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/07/caliber-selling-out-abroad/#comments

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello guys, i'm currently working in the middle east. I'm planning to buy a Caliber because i love it. as you all know the temperature here in the middle east can reach up to 49 °C . People here told me that american cars are not good in hot weather condition specially the Aircon and radiator. I want a Caliber but if its going to have aircon problem. I will not buy it. please advise
Thank you.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i hit 124 F this summer here in las vegas and my caliber held up just fine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
superbang said:
we've gone up into the 43 degree celcius range up at sauble beach this year and it held up fine... that's before humidity as well...
Yes, mine cools very well also. At 100°F I didn't even have the fan running at high speed. Almost seems TOO good.

A girl did tell me on Friday that I had a cute car. So much for "Anything but cute".

·
Registered
301 Posts
dan middle east said:
hello guys, i'm currently working in the middle east. I'm planning to buy a Caliber because i love it. as you all know the temperature here in the middle east can reach up to 49 °C . People here told me that american cars are not good in hot weather condition specially the Aircon and radiator. I want a Caliber but if its going to have aircon problem. I will not buy it. please advise
Thank you.
My experience is that the AC and engine cooling is extremely effective. Last summer, driving in almost 100°F temps in stop and go traffic, I would have the AC fan on high speed for a few minutes to get the cabin cooled off, then turn it down to 1 or 2 and it was comfortable. Any other car would have been on high speed to keep the cabin cool. The engine temp indicator never even reached the half-way mark. I was very surprised. Keep in mind that the recirc damper always defaults to 100% fresh air when you start the car, so you always have to push the recirc button when it's hot outside.

My old Mercedes E-Class would run on high fan for 25 minutes before the cabin was finally cool and the engine temp guage was always close to the high mark until traffic thinned out and I could get moving again. The Caliber is very good in both temp extremes, and in the American Midwest that is a necessity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jeep Girl said:
If the air conditioner works as well as the heater (-7 F in Illinois right now) I'll be set this summer!
Amen! Its snowing as I type this!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi they call me bigmaxx and i live in switzerland. i just ordered a black caliber srt. i'm going to get one of the first of 45 imported cars. the're not even in Switzerland yet. i can't wait to get her but i have to wait at least another 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Miami gets hot.. maybe las vegas is hotter but its hot here YEAR LONG! and i have the srt4 which am sure runs hotter ... never had a issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am drive my Caliber SXT in Doha, Qatar in 48°C heat and humidity and the car have no problem whatsoever cooling the cabin. Just wear a glove because the steering wheel gets too hot to handle with bare hands especially during the middle of the day. The engine temp remain just below the halfway mark even when I have the AC all at full settings in city traffic. During winter, the heater works great and the engine have no trouble working its way up to operating temperature.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah A/C and heat in this car way outperform any other car I've ever driven (8cylinder monsters included) and it's a very nice car. I find the best A/C is found with the windows down around 100mph tho :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts