Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a female college student away at school, I reach out in regards to an issue my 2007 Dodge Caliber has had.

Back in the spring of last year, I was at a traffic light, and the car shuddered to a stop and dashboard lights flashed and I had to put my car into park and restart my car to get it to turn on. I had driven my car earlier in the day and had a full tank of gas, so I was driving my car as normally.

This afternoon, I had filled up my gas tank and turned the gas cap all the way and drove off as normal. I got to a traffic light, and my car once again shuddered to a stop, before it shut off, I noticed the oil light turn on. I was able to turn my car back on and continue to drive. I got to the next set of traffic lights, the car repeated the shuddering and shut off, I was able to turn the Caliber back on and drive. Once I had gotten to a parking lot, I waited 15 minutes and checked my oil. The oil was at the correct level and nothing was out of the ordinary under the hood.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before, or if anyone has any idea as to what is happening. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a female college student away at school, I reach out in regards to an issue my 2007 Dodge Caliber has had.

Back in the spring of last year, I was at a traffic light, and the car shuddered to a stop and dashboard lights flashed and I had to put my car into park and restart my car to get it to turn on. I had driven my car earlier in the day and had a full tank of gas, so I was driving my car as normally.

This afternoon, I had filled up my gas tank and turned the gas cap all the way and drove off as normal. I got to a traffic light, and my car once again shuddered to a stop, before it shut off, I noticed the oil light turn on. I was able to turn my car back on and continue to drive. I got to the next set of traffic lights, the car repeated the shuddering and shut off, I was able to turn the Caliber back on and drive. Once I had gotten to a parking lot, I waited 15 minutes and checked my oil. The oil was at the correct level and nothing was out of the ordinary under the hood.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before, or if anyone has any idea as to what is happening. Thank you very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts