Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIVE. I saw FIVE today. My head is spinning. LOL I haven't seen so many in one day since I passed a car hauler full of 'em in April. But today's sightings were better because these Calibers were out in the wild....

1. Saw a silver SXT out at lunch. Passed me going the other direction while I was stopped in the center turn lane. I threw a V sign out the window but I don't think they saw.

2-3. About a minute later I came up to my neighboorhood Dodge dealer, where a white SXT and black SXT were poised in the new delivery area. (This might not count as true sightings "in the wild" because they weren't yet in the hands of an owner, but it was certainly gonna happen within a couple hours.)

(yeah, that's three in about a minute!)

4. Driving across town tonight, a black Cali passed me going the other direction. Too many lanes away and both moving, so no chance to get their attention with a wave.

5. About 1/2 mile up the road, I spotted a red Cali parked in a store parking lot.

(That's two more in about a minute!)

What about you other owners, even those of you who have had your car for a couple months or longer -- do you still get silly excited when you see other Calibers?

·
Banned
400 Posts
I'm seeing them more and more in the CITY. Saw white one at a Dodge dealer sitting in front near the freeway. Can't say I get too excited, I want to be the only one in my town with a Cali! (I know.... I'm spoiled)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still waiting, my husband says he saw one in town yesterday but it had an out of state tag so I'll probably never get to see it. We're heading to a few places today so maybe it will finally happen. I have howerver twice had the joy of watching other people looking at my car. once I was inside Dunkin Donuts and this young couple got out of what I believe was a Vibe and started looking my baby up and down, pointing at the music gate and oohing and ahhing. Later that weekend we parked somewhere and were walking awya when a father and son came up saying "cool car". Makes a momma so proud LOL :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I passed one yesterday, a red one..he waved at me! LOL It was a bonding moment for sure:)

·
Registered
911 Posts
We have one downtown that I see every once in a while. It brings a tear to your eye when you see it. Not because its a nice car, but because the people who own it don't take care of it. Its a Caliber SE (Steel Blue) and is always dirty on the outside. The inside has things thrown everywhere. The carpet is stained up. Basically, the inside doesn't look like its ever been cleaned. So if mine ever decides to hit D1 status and be built, I will have the only real Caliber in town. Actually, the only real Caliber anywhere in the next few towns.

·
Registered
506 Posts
mine is scheduled to be the FIRST SXT ON GERMAN SOIL!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooo that means i'll be the only one on post... the only one in the Rhainlandpfalz area and def the only one in the Weisbaden Area... how sweet is is that i am gonna have the only caliber that isn't on display for like 150 sqare miles :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have seen at least one - usually 2 or 3 - Calibers EVERY time I go somewhere in the local area for about the last 3 weeks or so.

However, most of them are tourists, as evidenced by practically every one of them having out of state plates. Of course, this IS a very busy tourist destination/resort area...

This past Tuesday, I turned onto a little-used side street and immediately spotted a Caliber that looked almost identical to mine (just lacked the blackout tape on the pillars; not a Sport model) parked in the lot of a fast-lube business lot.

I pulled in beside it, not knowing if it belonged to a customer, employee, etc. A young lady (employee) came out with a big smile on her face and said it was hers - she had just bought and picked it up this past Saturday. We chatted for a few minutes, I forewarned her about the attention it gets, etc - but I didn't want her to get in trouble with work by being away from it either.

She didn't mind if I snapped a couple of pics of the Calibers side-by-side:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I live in San Antonio Texas, I havent seen one in a while... And it also happens, when I drive my Caliber I dont see one. But when I drive my truck I do...

But as of right now I havent seen one in a while.... :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
I see lots on the roads now.. the only thing that makes me feel unique now is the solar yellow and the boomin stereo I put in, the other cali owners snap thier necks to look as if saying holy shit it's coming from that yellow caliber lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I rarely see Calibers here in Arizona or in southern California. Saw another one today. 1st I've seen in about a month.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I haven't seen a whole lot of Calibers out there. Though now I see one everyday...some guy in my apartment seems to have bought one, I think he's taunting me..grr! :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I only see one about every 3 or 4 weeks.

I can't wait to see MY OWN in my driveway soon!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I live in the Southern regions of the Pocono Mountains and commute to Allentown everyday for work. I pass one usually about once a week. Not to many in this area I guess. The car gets looked at everywhere we go in town. Grab life by the horns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I see one everyday now but on the ther side of the road. Today driving to work, saw a sliver SXT. I got infront of it in trafic. Two calibers in a row with the same color.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm seeing Calibers every day now. As corny as this may sound... the other day I saw this car and said to my wife, "hey look at that car, it looks cool". And then I realized it was a Caliber. They actually look real good on the roads (I've never seen mine or any other for more than a glance, while driving around). :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to lunch today with a good friend of mine. I was telling him how excited I am about getting my car because I am supposed to pick it up later today or tomorrow morning. (WOO!) He was like, I still haven't seen one yet. We walk out of the resturant and lo and behold, guess what is parked next to my car. A brand new Caliber! Talk about timing. Not only that, it was a black one which is what I ordered. I have never actually seen a black one. It was so exciting. I swear we just stood there and looked at it for a half hour.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I saw two today!

One: Just got out of work and was about to get into my car and I see a Caliber coming toward me...I must have lloked weird or something, they looked at me kind of weird when I was starring at them!:D It was a black one!

Second: In the back seat of my parents car...and I see something that looks like a Caliber in the distance, yup it was, went by and I yelled "Ooooo Caliber!!" and my parents where like WTF?? Where??:D:D:D It was a black one too. My mom said the very bad word, "Aww it's cute!", I then gave her a 15 min, speech on how it was not!

Well all in all I think it was the same Caliber both times!:D:cool: I will think it was two separate sightings!:eek::D:cool::)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts