Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Caliber SRT4 Mopar upgrade news

24K views 181 replies 40 participants last post by  Amandyke 
#1 ·
Found an article which talked a bit about the anticipated pricing and an interesting note on the Caliber's MOPAR upgrades.

"Dodge insiders told Inside Line that the turbocharged Caliber SRT-4 will be launched in spring 2007. Although pricing has not yet been determined, Dodge intends to keep the high-performance Caliber well under $25,000. And while Mopar will offer a slate of performance accessories for the SRT-4, insiders tell IL not to expect turbo upgrades because the vehicle is already in the top range of its capability. Suspension kits and other goodies will be available, however. "

Heres the rest of the article;

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109222

#2 ·
Oh come ON! If they can get 350+ horses out of the Neon SRT-4 with Stage Kits, why not this?!?

Other than that, I'm happy to hear that it should be "well under $25k"

#6 ·
No, completely new engine, everything, no parts as far as I know are interchangable. Read the chat session for more info. :)

#7 ·
caliber4whoosh said:
No, completely new engine, everything, no parts as far as I know are interchangable. Read the chat session for more info. :)
No part is interchangeable, you can get more info on this if you read through the latest SRT Engineer meeting they had on this site!

EDIT:: Sorry caliber4whoosh, I did not read your whole post and said the same thing, pretty much what caliber4whoosh said!!!

#9 ·
CKS said:
So same price as the Neon SRT?
Pricing is not released yet, all the SRT engineers would say is that they wanted to achieve "best bang for buck" but neglected to specify exactly what that meant.

Hopefully it will be SIMILAR pricing, but come on... let's all be realistic, the Caliber SRT4 has SO many more features than the Neon SRT4, it would be INSANE to think they would sell them for the same price.

It'll probably be a few thousand more; but well worth it.

***w00t to REAR POWER WINDOWS AND CRUISE CONTROL FINALLY BEING ADDED***

#12 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Sounds sketchy to me. Possibly NO staged kits, I highly doubt that too, but you never know I guess.
They will probably just sell the parts seperatly so you can mix and match parts better they said that as a kit. Maybe they will sell injectors here and other stuff like sensors, gauges, ecu hell if you want to go nutz 35 psi gauges and the equipment to get that gauge all the way to the right....

#14 ·
performance just isnt engine tho, its drivetrain, suspension, computer, fuel system, electical such as ignition and what not. so that kinda leaves a huge gap for people to assume something wrongfully, so i'd say lets not get our hopes up, and someone else will make turbos for it, which will be better than stock ones as always!

#15 ·
Not to worry...

If Mopar doesn't make/offer any turbo upgrades someone else most likely will.

I'd still be happy with the stock turbo if I can make some HP with other upgrades. (high flow cat-conv., exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, engine management system, etc...)

BTW: Hi everyone... my name is Cliff - I'm new to the site. obviously

#16 ·
I have had mixed reviews about stage kits. Many people that know a lot about cars and engines told me that the new "world engine" is crap, even if it is stock turbo 300 horses. Not to say that caliber is not badass (i want an srt-4) but if you want good turbo upgrades and want over 350+ horses, you won't be able to do it with the stock engine or tranny. Basically, the horsepower is high stock, but look at the torque. As you do turbo upgrades, you might get more horsepower, but not much more torque. And no 4WD...what are they thinking?!

#18 ·
What is the most torque that a Neon-based SRT-4 could run before you had to start upgrading driveshafts, transmissions, and other driveline items? I heard someone say that they were running 350+ horsepower, but what about torque? Hp number can be increased (I think) by better breathing without affecting the torque output as much, which might not require much stronger internals. But significant increases in torque is anohter matter.

#19 ·
good point brakeman just another reason for me to leave the breaking of parts to others while i stick to the easy stuff and be happy with a few minor mods.

hey... is there any relation to you and this site: http://www.thebrakeman.com :confused:

#21 ·
thebrakeman said:
What is the most torque that a Neon-based SRT-4 could run before you had to start upgrading driveshafts, transmissions, and other driveline items? I heard someone say that they were running 350+ horsepower, but what about torque? Hp number can be increased (I think) by better breathing without affecting the torque output as much, which might not require much stronger internals. But significant increases in torque is anohter matter.
i know guys with stock motor and tranny, axels running over 500 and 500. most guys with big turbos are running 450+ and 450+ on stock internals, tranny,axels. just go to www.srtforums.com and read about what kinda nukmbers some guys are putting down on stock parts.

#22 ·
was curious as to the specs on some of the parts... I don't know if anyone can answer this, but what are the chances of some Neon SRT-4 part being able to be bought for the Caliber SRT-4... I was thinkin along the lines of cat cut-outs, bushings, sway bars, etc. I realize with the new engine it will most likely be a no go, but what about suspension stuff??? can anyone fill me in

#23 ·
i doubt it, its gonna be a completely different car, i would like some parts to be interchangable. I really like the caliber, my srt held 450HP on stock internals, no problems, i want the caliber to be able to do the same, i might leave the stock turbo, just port it add some cams maybe a 50 shot and tune it.

#24 ·
I think Mopar is going to wait and see what the demand for staged kits will be. I am positive that companies like agp will have turbo kits out. I mean the car already comes with 300 horsepower so who knows how much power we can get out of the stock turbo considering it is slighty larger then the current turbo on the SRT-4. I see an easy 350hp on the stock turbo for this car.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.