Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Caliber SRT4 went missing on drivesrt.com? Official Caliber SRT colours?

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  lambkins 
#1 ·

Hey they Caliber SRT4 went missing off of http://www.drivesrt.com/, the above ^^ picture was from that site. Anyways, based on the pictures we've seen to date there have been several variations of the RED used on the new Caliber SRT4 and I wanted to check again which colours will in fact be offered, when the site had the Caliber SRT4 on it I thought I recalled seeing the Maroon Red (below used in the preview photos and PR) Orange, Black and Silver.

Just wondering if we know if there will be different "Reds" available and or any other colours... really hoping for a midnight grey lol... or a pearl white kinda like what is on the Golf GTI might be nice... especially if you could get the wheels factory powdercoated gunmetal with the SRT text in red as an option, that would be hot :D

See less See more
#3 ·

suzq044 said:
the car is the same color; as you know, with metalics, each camera will take the light differently, thats why the studio lighting isnt accurate, and neither is a saturated flash from a camera.
No freaking way those two pics are the same colour imo LOL

#5 ·
I believe that the actual red color is called "Inferno Red" just like on the current calibers. It was suppose to come in Inferno Red, Sunburst Orange, Bright Silver and Brilliant Black, this is according to edmunds.com. The bottom pic will be the actual color. You will probably have to wait til 2008 if you want any other colors. I still have not decided on which color I want, besides not silver, already had a silver neon.

#6 ·
suzq044 said:
the car is the same color; as you know, with metalics, each camera will take the light differently, thats why the studio lighting isnt accurate, and neither is a saturated flash from a camera.
You are correct!!! Also the last spy photo is the same red, in every light condition it looks as if it's a different color. Inferno Red Crystal Pearl the same color on DCX cars & trucks.

#7 ·
kearbear said:
I believe that the actual red color is called "Inferno Red" just like on the current calibers. It was suppose to come in Inferno Red, Sunburst Orange, Bright Silver and Brilliant Black, this is according to edmunds.com. The bottom pic will be the actual color. You will probably have to wait til 2008 if you want any other colors. I still have not decided on which color I want, besides not silver, already had a silver neon.
Feel the same about silver, but I have also owned a new black car before and it is a PITA to keep clean, and I don't want to wait yet another year for the 08.

BUT.. dodge switched over the factory in June this year for the 2007.5 lol caliber, so do you think it is possible that the 07 SRT4 will run from Arpil to June and then refresh in June/July with a few more colours, or will it be much longer? If i can wait to April, I suppose i could wait to July lol

#8 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
Feel the same about silver, but I have also owned a new black car before and it is a PITA to keep clean, and I don't want to wait yet another year for the 08.

BUT.. dodge switched over the factory in June this year for the 2007.5 lol caliber, so do you think it is possible that the 07 SRT4 will run from Arpil to June and then refresh in June/July with a few more colours, or will it be much longer? If i can wait to April, I suppose i could wait to July lol
Currently, I drive a "mommy mobile" ('05 Saturn Relay) so I don't want to wait till July the gas prices are killing me. Although, I did hope they would have made "stone white" one of the colors but they didn't.

#10 ·
#15 ·
hockeymuggle said:
yes freaking way those two pics are the same colour....neat little phenomenon known as metamerism...

shine as much sunlight or other on it as you want, those two cars aren't the same colour. I have seen alot of other Dode SRT cars with the first pictures colour and that is how they look outside and inside at car shows i have been at... they don't change to bright red

#16 ·
i wont say yes or no for sure that those cars are the same color...however it is likely they are the same color....

there are 6 different types of accepted forms of light, 12 different types when you add a uv bulb to whatever light source you are using...

metamerism is the phenomenon when a color changes when simply switching from one light source to another.....i have seen some special color pigments completely change depending on the light source, much less changing shade of color...

so if they are using some very special, say, synthetic pearlescent and then use another special pearlescent clearcoat on top of it....say when using the CIELab scale, if they got the right readings, the color would be metameric and the change would occur.

just a little insight...

#17 ·
hockeymuggle said:
i wont say yes or no for sure that those cars are the same color...however it is likely they are the same color....

there are 6 different types of accepted forms of light, 12 different types when you add a uv bulb to whatever light source you are using...

metamerism is the phenomenon when a color changes when simply switching from one light source to another.....i have seen some special color pigments completely change depending on the light source, much less changing shade of color...

so if they are using some very special, say, synthetic pearlescent and then use another special pearlescent clearcoat on top of it....say when using the CIELab scale, if they got the right readings, the color would be metameric and the change would occur.

just a little insight...
Don't disagree, but you won't drive by one in a driveway that looks like that

#18 ·
metamerism is not done on purpose....i am not talking about colorshifting iridescents, maybe my pearlescent example was not a good one to use....did not mean to confuse you.....but you are right....you wouldnt notice it sitting in the driveway....it is based completely on the source of light used.....different sources of light operate at various degrees of nanometers within the light spectrum....so as the source of light changes from natural uv rays from the sun, to flourescent, to incandescent, all these use different realms of the light spectrum and as that changes, some pigments react differently by absorbing and relfecting varying amounts of light, therefore giving off varying shades....very hard to overcome....

#19 ·
hockeymuggle said:
metamerism is not done on purpose....i am not talking about colorshifting iridescents, maybe my pearlescent example was not a good one to use....did not mean to confuse you.....but you are right....you wouldnt notice it sitting in the driveway....it is based completely on the source of light used.....different sources of light operate at various degrees of nanometers within the light spectrum....so as the source of light changes from natural uv rays from the sun, to flourescent, to incandescent, all these use different realms of the light spectrum and as that changes, some pigments react differently by absorbing and relfecting varying amounts of light, therefore giving off varying shades....very hard to overcome....
hence the need for WB (white balance) custom setting on digital cameras!! :p

#20 ·
hmm, I'd have a very hard time choosing between a bright blue (viper?) vs. sinister black for an SRT! maybe if the black had blue rally stripes :)

if a red went between those two extremes above (kinda' flat looking to eye popping) I'm not a fan. I want it eye popping full time! bright neon lime green even, with black striped accents. HPD would probably have a pool who would pull it over first though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.