Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm concidering to buy Caliber 2.0 CRD SE after the summer, but here the price tag on optional alloy wheels is HUGE. So, I think I'll just purchase mine afterwards.

But, just to check the availability of possible rims to Caliber, that are the "stock" specs of Caliber rims...meaning the offset and pattern? Will I find rims that fit from most wheel manufacturers catalogs?

Thanks,
-JJ-

·
Registered
48 Posts
wuts the widest tire that'll fit on the 17" stock alloys... comes with 215...and doesnt seem like theres a lot of room for much more...

anyone know the wheel width?

·
Registered
203 Posts
plumber said:
wuts the widest tire that'll fit on the 17" stock alloys... comes with 215...and doesnt seem like theres a lot of room for much more...

anyone know the wheel width?
What is thw width of the stock rim? The rim width will determine how wide of tires you can safely run. The specs for tires will tell you minimum and maximum rim width. Sure you can go a little wider than recomended, but you won't be able to use the full tread of the tire doing that. It's probably a 7" wide rim. So you can probably get away with a 235/55/17. Will maintain stock diameter of the wheel so your spedometer will not be affected, and should give better traction and handling from the wider tire. A 245 will be pushing it since you won't be able to find one in the stock diameter. Closest diameter is 1/2 shorter than stock, and they are recomended for 7.5-9" rims. And the closest 245 series tires are also almost twice the price of the 235/55 ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts