Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving back home from work a few days ago and decided to check and see what kind of mileage I was getting. And it was 172.2 mpg! Luckily I got a picture to save this momentous occasion! Pretty good mileage for a 2.4 litre

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
LOL my lincoln displays like that when im coasting down hills. In the long term it wont affect the average though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats about 1900 mile on a full tank ! Well done Dodge you've cracked it !

lol, if only !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Haven't gotten our Caliber yet, but on a recent Ford Tarus rental, I reset the mileage computer while coasting downhill & got similar results. The computer builds an average over a short time period, so while coasting downhill at a hight speed, your fuel mileage is essentially that high. It ends quickly when you step back on the gas pedal though :(

J

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used to own a 1988 Audi 90 that had a mileage indicator, actually two settings, one for on-the-fly mileage and one for average which I believe took the average mileage since the key was turned on. The average setting was very accurate, the other one would jump all over the place based on how i was accelerating. Since I don't have my Caliber yet I don't have anything to compare to, but that might be the issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Spirit does the same thing... except that it's average usually reads about 21 or so. Pesky turbo with a 3 speed racing built automatic. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
The next time you go for a burger and fries and a Coke, park your car, reset the mpg, turn on the air, start eating, and watch the numbers drop! After a while, your heart will start to beat faster, and you'll start to eat really fast (you may even throw some fries out the window so you can hurry up), and you may even put it in drive and just drive around the parking lot just to get some movement going on. Then you'll pull out on the road and pray that you don't get caught at a red light or heaven forbid, TRAFFIC!!!. If you've got a weak stomach, then I suggest you not try this. This is only for the masochist at heart.

·
Registered
901 Posts
RadioDude said:
I used to own a 1988 Audi 90 that had a mileage indicator, actually two settings, one for on-the-fly mileage and one for average which I believe took the average mileage since the key was turned on. The average setting was very accurate, the other one would jump all over the place based on how i was accelerating. Since I don't have my Caliber yet I don't have anything to compare to, but that might be the issue.
My Stratus, Intrepid, and Grand Cherokee all had these same 2 fuel economy indicators too. It WAS fun to play with the "current" one in various driving situations! Reading the Caliber owners manual (I don't have the EVIC), looks like there is only 1 such counter. You can reset it though, and probably would be a good idea after your first couple tanks of gas, as the car is getting broken in for your driving style. Or reset it after any maintenance that would affect fuel usage (i.e. the F29 recall!!!)

(To reset it: get it on the EVIC display, then press AND HOLD the EVIC button until it shows "Reset" or "--".)

·
Registered
135 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
(To reset it: get it on the EVIC display, then press AND HOLD the EVIC button until it shows "Reset" or "--".)
When I do that it immediatly goes to either like 11 MPG or 80 MPG lol :) Gotta love it. It eventially evens out though :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts