Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
new to the forum from tel aviv ,israel
i am waiting to january to receive my new sxt cvt(auto-stick).
on a recent test drive article in local newspaper it was mentioned that the car acceleration at uphill positions is slugish and it has hard time keeping pace. can you share your opinion on that
thank you

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome damonhill! I have the 2.0 SXT w/cvt (auto-only). When I take off from a red light going uphill, I am usually the first off the line and I have no problem keeping ahead of the crowd. I like to keep everyone in my rearview mirror- there are enough bad drivers out there, I don't want to be hanging out with them! I don't know if I just got lucky or just broke it in right, but mine accelerates extremely well! I've had it since April, and have had no problems with the performance of this car. Good Luck!!!

Fitz

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm a sucker for low off the line and pedal to the floor. I drive with my hand on the shifter. :D

I've had no problems uphill, but the CVT does take some getting use to.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
As mentioned, the CVT takes getting used to, and there is a laerning curve for the computer that controls it. I think a lot of the reason for the bad reveiws talking about sluggish performance is from people not used to the CVT and driving one brand new off the lot. Mine has only gotten better the longer I've owned it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree with HSKR it seems to get better with time,adaptive learning built
into this powertrain tho only mimics your driving habits so far and if you wish
to try an experiment that I tried it may help with acceleration.
Try using "L"ow when accelerating from stop then shift to"D"rive at 40km
or 25mph everytime for 1 or 2 days,my aceleration in "D" seemed to be
better after that.
Then again could be just an old guys wishful thinking,anyway try it!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
sxt w/auto-stick ?!? WTF!?!

·
Registered
901 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
sxt w/auto-stick ?!? WTF!?!
Yep. The 2.0L engine w/ AutoStick seems to be available everywhere else in the world except North America.
:mad:

·
Registered
901 Posts
bigtsr said:
...I agree with HSKR it seems to get better with time,adaptive learning built
into this powertrain tho only mimics your driving habits so far and if you wish
to try an experiment that I tried it may help with acceleration.
Try using "L"ow when accelerating from stop then shift to"D"rive at 40km
or 25mph everytime for 1 or 2 days,my aceleration in "D" seemed to be
better after that.
Then again could be just an old guys wishful thinking,anyway try it!!!
Not your imagination! I'll second this. I've been doing this too (I have more than 10K miles) for the last couple months, and my Caliber also seems to be "relearning" how it accelerates with this little trick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the 2.4l with cvt and you are right it seems to take the computer little bit learn how to adapt to my driving or me to the cvt. Although I can never say thought this car didn't have power

·
Registered
277 Posts
jees, did anyone ever think we would have to teach our cars. I bet my car has a higher IQ than yours!!! LOL!!! Next, school for cars!!! P.S. masterbm, Sorry to hear about ur bonneville. Those are nice cars. My parents have 2. A 2002 and a 1997 with 222k and still does a wicked burnout!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
yup I know what yo mean about those burnout even as 92 it would really move

1 - 12 of 12 Posts