Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought my Caliber SXT in October and I never drove the automatics because I prefer to manually shift my cars. But today I just had enough of the stalling issue with my 1.8L manual car. I don't know what the deal is with that powertrain combo but I was frustrated everytime I went anywhere because I could never anticipate how the car was going to respond to throttle input.

So, I test drove a loaded SXT with the CVT2 and then a mildly optioned R/T AWD with the CVT2. I haven't seen anyone else mention the huge difference in drive feel between the SXT and the R/T. To me they felt like two different car driving experiences. I was really surprised by the solidity and the high class feel of the R/T. The loaded SXT ran really well too, but after the weather I just experienced in Seattle this week I knew that for the money the AWD was a better deal over the heated seats.

Just my thoughts on my test drives today.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I noticed a difference between the 2.0 and 2.4 CVT2 on my test drives as well. Now I am not sure weather to get AWD or just FWD, or even wait until my Neon really dies (only 74K, still pretty young yet)

Trading up or what?:);):cool:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Several threads have touched on this topic. The R/T AWD really does feel a lot better. Of course the tires, motor, AWD and suspension differences are the answer. The gas mileage is not all that different in the real world either.

I started a thread a week ago when I drove all the models when I was bored. The R/T comes out hands down in my opinion (of course we own one, that helps!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
I noticed a difference between the 2.0 and 2.4 CVT2 on my test drives as well. Now I am not sure weather to get AWD or just FWD, or even wait until my Neon really dies (only 74K, still pretty young yet)

Trading up or what?:);):cool:
So, I did trade up. And it has definitely been worth it. I am much happier with the R/T.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I almost didnt buy my R/T becuase I went at night and the Salesman had me test drive the sxt by accident When I got back i said ne way, and then he pointed out what I test drove. Got behind the wheel of the R/t and said now that better... and here it sits in my driveway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont think Im "ragging" on anyone,I just like the feel of the R/T over the SXT is all. I know not everyone can either afford or need the options of the R/T I was just giving my opinion of my personal test drive results.

·
Registered
65 Posts
O'Reily said:
Why don't you R/T owners with your superiority complexes stop ragging on the SXT? :rolleyes:
They're just jealous. SXT rules and we get better gas mileage. :D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
With the head start the R/T gets we can prolly coast the last few miles out of gas and still win :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts