Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Would you be interested in a caliberforums.com plate frame?

• Interested in a caliberforums.com frame

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Semi interested in a caliberforums.com frame

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Not interested in a caliberforums.com frame

Votes: 13 25.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
caliberforums.com plate frames

As was mentioned before on this thread, there has been some interest in getting plate frames NOT COVERS, for your(soon to be our!!) Calibers. IF there is enough interest, I may be able to get a good deal for you guys that are interested!

One catch: I need somebody to design/create the frame. We can use FULL COLOUR so dont be afraid to use your imagination!! (we will be able to give the creator a free frame!)

I will be keeping an eye on this thread so let me know who is interested and who wants to create an amazing frame for us!!

I am going to take a picture of the frame and measurements and will post shortly!!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I'm gonna have to play with photobucket later guys sorry:eek: ...i just took the pics today so when i get the time i will post them !!! :D

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok hopefully this might get somebody interested, I could have sworn that there were a few people interested here...any way here goes the picture...

Unfortunately I could not use the nice ones we just did for a customer, so I am stuck putting this picture up. This frame was done in about 2 minutes and does not show the full extent that we can do as far as the graphics are concerned.

**UPDATE** added a poll, now you just have to click instead of type a reply lol:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'd be interested in a black frame with white lettering. How much would it be before shipping?

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I'd be interested in a black frame with white lettering. How much would it be before shipping?
This is what we are trying to find out, unfortunately there is a set up fee for each different design, so if there are a lot of people interested, and somebody is able to make a good looking design then the cost would be less, as opposed to only one person ordering one plate frame then the price would be substatially higher:eek: . We are hoping that we would be able to spread the set up fee over several frames to make the price for you guys cheaper:D (after the compulsory caliberforums.com discount :D )

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cmon guys, i cant give you pricing unless i know how many people are interested in these...only 3 people have voted and there are 92 views?!?:eek:

Thanks to those who have voted and this is a bump for more votes:D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I voted semi-interested. It would depend a lot on the final design. Also if there was an option for different colors on the same design. You know people will want to match the colors to thier cars. Would be nice to be able to see how much could actualy go into the design other than just lettering.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just let me know where to send the money.

My preference would be black background with silver lettering but colour is not really a big deal for me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Silver lettering is close to white, I'd go with silver. I'd still like to know an idea of high and low for cost.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
HSKR said:
I voted semi-interested. It would depend a lot on the final design. Also if there was an option for different colors on the same design. You know people will want to match the colors to thier cars. Would be nice to be able to see how much could actualy go into the design other than just lettering.
I dont know how well I explained this originally, but we CAN do pictures and such on the frames...I will try and see if i can photoshop something up today with my limited skills:eek: just to give ideas/inspiration for you guys, again the picture is for the size/shape of the frame NOT what we can do on them:D

...Im not sure about the whole colour matching thing...we'll have to see how many calibers i can get my hands on to do a colour match!!:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now yer talking...run with something like that...but i think a black and white photo background would be better but that's just me...i'm a minimalist...i like clean, sharp contemporary stuff...all of my tattoo's are black and white...just looks better and classier IMO.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
High-Calibur Driver said:
Now yer talking...run with something like that...but i think a black and white photo background would be better but that's just me...i'm a minimalist...i like clean, sharp contemporary stuff...all of my tattoo's are black and white...just looks better and classier IMO.
I was going to try that decal that suzq made awile ago but it has a grey background and i wasnt able to cut it out easy, so i used a couple of the wallpapers that i got off of the dodge website, (and as such we wouldnt be selling the frames with these pics because we dont have permission to use them)

Thanks for the feedback!:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like the imagery.

While we dialogue on Caliberforums.com you could just use the word Caliber and make the text a little larger.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oldguy said:
I like the imagery.

While we dialogue on Caliberforums.com you could just use the word Caliber and make the text a little larger.
sorry, im a little slow tonight... do u mean just have "Caliber" on the frame instead of "caliberforums.com"? I tried to make the text bigger, but the screw holes ended up making it look funny, but i willl try again later to see if i can put the text up on top and take out the caliberforums.com logo (if you look just above the "m" you will see one of those holes that I speak of)

thanks for the input

·
Registered
432 Posts
I could understand if you were a little slow this morning.

But, yes that is what I meant.

Either way it is not a big deal for me since I'd buy and be happy with the sample you provided.

How many people do you need to make a plate run viable?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I don't like the plate frame to to cover part of the state/province or logo. It just don't look right.
ht.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Xlimo

Here is how my plate is structured to leave the Province/State readable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
There was a rich guy at the yacht club in Toronto where I kept my sailboat who had a new Rolls Royce who had stickers which he installed on the inside of his clear plastic plate covers. They covered the Ontario with "Principality of", and on the bottom, Yours To Discover was covered with in bigger letters with "Rosedale", a high end area of Toronto. He used green letters on a white background with small coat of arms in the corners, so at a quick glance they looked like the were from some small foreign country. I was thinking of doing something like that but the OPP here in town would pull me over every time they saw me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.