Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I will be heading over to a Dodge dealer this week to check out the Caliber, but I have a question that I'm rather curious about.

How is the Caliber for tall people? I'm 6'5 and just about every car I've checked out has my head wedged against the roof and the leg room is rather cramped. I've checked out the 300/Charger/Magnum just before The Caliber came out, and the space inside was VERY impressive. Not that I expect the Caliber to have that much room inside. (I decided to wait on getting a new car because I love some of the gagets in the Caliber, I'm a gadet loving guy)

I did a search, and didn't find a similar question, if one has been posted already, could someone point it out?

Thanks.

PS, Does anyone know of a good Southern Ontario dealer? I've never shopped around for a car before, so I'm really sure what to look for. Thanks again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
From what I have read, guys around 6' to 6'3" have not had any problems at all. One guy around that height did but the general consensus was that he did not adjust the seat height to the lowest position. I just wanted to give you a quick answer that you will probably still be comfortable but I know others will come and share their personal experience. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That gives some hope, thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also live in Southern Ontario (St. Catharines) and whatever you do, stay away from the Dodge dealership here - they're a bunch of assholes. I'm getting mine from DeWilt Dodge in Hamilton and they've been more than nice to me. Absolutely fantastic! Also there's a forum member here by the name of Steve Dejardins (I apologize Steve if I spelled your name incorrectly) and he can also help you out. I would have gone to him myself if I hadn't already signed my deal. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Great! I really wasn't expecting to fit in to the car at all. I tried just about every GM vehicle I could a couple months ago when I took my current car in for some work at the dealer, and I didn't fit in any that well.

Can't wait to test the Caliber out. Looks like it'll be a rather nice car to drive around in.

Thanks for the help.

Raz: I was going to check out a couple dealers on my way home from work. Ontario and Team Chrysler on (and just off of) Dixie in Mississauga. I spoke with a couple people from Ontario Chrysler at the autoshow, and when I was checking out the LX cars, they seemed rather nice. I'll have to see what happens on their own ground :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Principal said:
Hello,

I will be heading over to a Dodge dealer this week to check out the Caliber, but I have a question that I'm rather curious about.

How is the Caliber for tall people? I'm 6'5 and just about every car I've checked out has my head wedged against the roof and the leg room is rather cramped. I've checked out the 300/Charger/Magnum just before The Caliber came out, and the space inside was VERY impressive. Not that I expect the Caliber to have that much room inside. (I decided to wait on getting a new car because I love some of the gagets in the Caliber, I'm a gadet loving guy)

I did a search, and didn't find a similar question, if one has been posted already, could someone point it out?
I am 6'4" tall and I am especially tall from the hips-to-head. The Caliber fits me fine. One quibble, is that with the seat all the way back, the "B" pillar location creates a blind spot, but I can move my head forward to see hard left. When I sat in the passenger position with the seat all the way back, I could stretch my legs all the way out!

I also fit well in the LX cars, but they cost more than I want to spend and they are harder to park and thirstier.

I think you will like Caliber.:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, you should have no problem man. I think you'll like it too..:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be stopping in at a dealer tomorrow. On my drive home this evening, there was a black Caliber sitting out front of the place. I just hope I don't love it too much, I REALLY wanted to wait for the SRT-4 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts