Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Albany, NY and I noticed that Calbers are getting harder to find on dealer lots is like hens teeth! I understand that they are selling very fast and finding a dealer with an ample supply is impossible. If you order one, the wait can be 6-10 weeks I am told.
Now I understand that the Jeep Compass is starting production in May which is built on the same assembly line so that means that the plant is going have to have 3 shifts to keep up with the demand for the Caliber plus have enough Jeep Compasses to supply dealers with. Is that going to be enough?

Incredible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I know that the average amount of time a Caliber spends on a dealer lot is 24 hours!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I know that the average amount of time a Caliber spends on a dealer lot is 24 hours!
Ah, so accurate. When I picked up mine, it had been on the lot less than 18 hours from delivery and hadn't even been prepped. Of course, I took it back for the prepping the following Monday. :D Just to think, the customer that it was for had turned it down after it was there 14 hours.

I would have been surprised to hear that they were on the lots longer.

Tha's a good stat.

Tyke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
JohnC said:
I live in Albany, NY and I noticed that Calbers are getting harder to find on dealer lots is like hens teeth! I understand that they are selling very fast and finding a dealer with an ample supply is impossible. If you order one, the wait can be 6-10 weeks I am told.
Now I understand that the Jeep Compass is starting production in May which is built on the same assembly line so that means that the plant is going have to have 3 shifts to keep up with the demand for the Caliber plus have enough Jeep Compasses to supply dealers with. Is that going to be enough?

Incredible!
Sounds like DCX has hit a home run again. :)

Gas pushing $3 per gallon also is motivating sales.

Just wait until gas hits $4

Should be good for resale values!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
The R/T we bought had a waiting list behind us if we did not want it. The salesman said there were 10 others wanting it, sight unseen. It was delivered to the lot the night before, we picked it up at 10am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Vision67 said:
Sounds like DCX has hit a home run again. :)

Gas pushing $3 per gallon also is motivating sales.

Just wait until gas hits $4

Should be good for resale values!
I don't see the Caliber as being overly great in the gas efficiency category. I previously had a Pontiac Vibe that got 27 MPG where my Caliber gets 21 MPG over the same daily route. The Vibe got about 35 MPG on the highway. I agree with the upper level of your comment in that cars with better than 20 MPG will become major players as the price of gas creeps towards $4. DCX DOES have a hit with the Caliber, but it's not due to gas efficiency. I'd say that it's due to styling, price and options...in that order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
MrTyke said:
I don't see the Caliber as being overly great in the gas efficiency category. I previously had a Pontiac Vibe that got 27 MPG where my Caliber gets 21 MPG over the same daily route. The Vibe got about 35 MPG on the highway. I agree with the upper level of your comment in that cars with better than 20 MPG will become major players as the price of gas creeps towards $4. DCX DOES have a hit with the Caliber, but it's not due to gas efficiency. I'd say that it's due to styling, price and options...in that order.
Mileage is a relative metric. If you have been driving a Truck or big SUV, you probably were getting about 11 mpg. Boosting it to 22 mpg cuts your consumption in half.

Lighter cars with smaller engines will get even better mileage, but I don't like to drive cars much lighter than 3000 lbs because of safety concerns.

If max mileage is your most important metric, look at the new Honda Fit. It has a 1.5L engine, weighs about 2500 lbs and can get about 50 mpg on the highway.

There are lots of choices out there!

But I still think DCX has a hit. I also think both Jeep versions will sell well. It gives people an excuse to buy a new car even if the math doesn't make sense. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Haha....yeah for sure! I second the statement that DCx has a hit with the Caliber.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
MrTyke said:
I don't see the Caliber as being overly great in the gas efficiency category. I previously had a Pontiac Vibe that got 27 MPG where my Caliber gets 21 MPG over the same daily route. The Vibe got about 35 MPG on the highway. I agree with the upper level of your comment in that cars with better than 20 MPG will become major players as the price of gas creeps towards $4. DCX DOES have a hit with the Caliber, but it's not due to gas efficiency. I'd say that it's due to styling, price and options...in that order.
Yeah, my Chevy Crapalier got about the same mpg as the Caliber. But I actually like and enjoy driving my Caliber... and I can haul stuff in it to boot. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
At my dealer, the initial allotment flew off the lot, but the dealer hasn't received any more in over a month. My special order was the only Caliber received during April. When it was delivered, there were six on the truck. The others were going elsewhere, so the salesmen were pissed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
There has been a steel blue colored Caliber sitting at my local dealership
for a month now............ unsold.

Wilson
Trenton, Ontario
Canada
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I wonder if Calibers are starting to sit on the lot longer now because so many people have just decided to order theirs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
There is a bright yellow R/T, fully loaded, at Vancouver Chrysler and has been there for over a week! It's priced over $28K which could have something to do with it, but if anyone is in the market and doesn't wanna wait, it's there for the taking!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
CDN-SXT said:
There is a bright yellow R/T, fully loaded, at Vancouver Chrysler and has been there for over a week! It's priced over $28K which could have something to do with it, but if anyone is in the market and doesn't wanna wait, it's there for the taking!
Yes, the RT's that they are bringing in are $27-28K, the one I specked out is $25,985 msrp incl delivery and air tax, add PST and GST to that:(But.....if I wait a bit, I'll save 1% on the GST.......:p A bunch slated to be in on the Island here in the next couple of weeks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Calibers certainly are not sitting around on my dealer's lot! I have been waiting for a month for a call that there is one there fo me to take a test drive. I have only seen two around town, so I do not think my dealer is getting many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
A white R/T and a yellow R/T have been sitting at my local dealer in Southern Maryland for at least 2 weeks. No telling how long they'd been there before I saw them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Well what the hell! Tell them to send them to me! I'll look after them...:D:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
A dealer in Augusta,GA has had a silver SE on his lot for several weeks. It does not have air conditioning. Good luck selling a new car this far south without A/C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
We also have to remember that the engine is still breaking in. I'm getting about 26 mpg now that I have over 2K miles.

tiff
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top