Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eta: whoops I meant calibersrt4forums.net forgot the caliber in the title.

I don't know how I stumbled on that site but after seeing a chrome door prize giveaway for most posts in a month I registered. I am an admitted post whore sometimes so I thought what the heck.

Well after going back and reading a few older posts I had an weird feeling, like I was reading my own posts and I WAS!

How creepy that someone over there is coping and pasting my posts on an edmonds forum to that forum under a different user name!:mad::eek:

I saw several other repeats there too and I am almost sure they are also "stolen" posts from the other forum.

That is just not right! I will never stray from here again!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Re: srt4forums.net=not cool

CaliberChic said:
...Well after going back and reading a few older posts I had an weird feeling, like I was reading my own posts and I WAS!...
LOL! That's hilarious. What sort of idiot would do that... and take the time to do that? Call them out... or simply ignor them.

Who'd want a chrome door?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: srt4forums.net=not cool

Geez I must have been really frazzled, it wasn't a chrome door it was a chrome gas cap.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Didn't this guy "richard" the administrator of the SRT Forum post a lot of stuff a few weeks ago and just disappear a few weeks ago ? Maybe he was just fishing for good posts like yours, CaliberChic , to create interest in his lame Forum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the admins reply to my email:

CaliberChic,
I took a look at the edmunds forums and noticed that indeed there are
copied post; not just yours. The members that copied those post were
actually hired by me. I hired these individuals to help jump start my
forum as paid-per-post posters, which is typical for most new forums
since there is no activity. I had told them that I wanted quality post
and not just one word or one liner topics or responses. I guess they
found large posts elsewhere and just copied them. I thought they were
doing a good job but I guess not! I have already informed these
individuals that I no longer require their services and I assure you
these copied posts will stop. =D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats pretty wierd....borderline creepy. I imagine you must've felt pretty much like Tom Petty after he heard the new Red Hot Chili Pepper's song. It sucks being ripped off.

Chrome gas cap? Who would want that? You cant even see it! Now a locking gas cap - that's something I could use! Especially living in Cleveland!:eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Gawd I still didn't explain it right. It's the chrome gas door cover. Eee gads!

I would want that, I have that but I know they are $80ish dollar and I could sell the one I won.

I do still feel pretty creeped out though. I would love to think the owner of the site didn't know they were doing that but I can't shake the feeling of being "violated". I don't think I will go back there that's for sure.

I like it here better anyway:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
CaliberChic said:
My Gawd I still didn't explain it right. It's the chrome gas door cover. Eee gads!

I would want that, I have that but I know they are $80ish dollar and I could sell the one I won.

I do still feel pretty creeped out though. I would love to think the owner of the site didn't know they were doing that but I can't shake the feeling of being "violated". I don't think I will go back there that's for sure.

I like it here better anyway:)
Usually when the offender admits a mistake the victim can find some comfort in it but I will agree with you that this is not right and not a very comforting response. I wonder if any of the rest of us have been violated too. I would check myself but I don't want to give them the satisfaction of have another visitor to their site.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That sucks. :mad: I can't even imagine what that would feel like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts