Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, Romans, Countrymen...fellow Caliber owners, I have an announcement.

I have made an extremely important and tough decision for my future and my life. Late last July, I was graced with the chance to work on a feature film in Los Angeles, California. Monday, I had the chance to view the actual film. It was that moment when I decided what I really wanted to do. But when I was offered the chance to work on another movie this July, it sealed it.

I am going to be moving to Los Angeles.

Being that I will be without a steady job for a few weeks to a month, I will not be able to justify the lease on the Caliber. Sadly, this means that I will be turning the Caliber back into the dealer in a few weeks so that I may prepare for my journey into my new life. This car has made a huge impression with me, and once I make it in Hollywood, I will be getting another one. I will need all the help I can get...any contributions would go a long way. You will not be forgotten, trust me.

You all have been really cool, and I will remian a part of this community to offer my experience and insights on the Caliber. I appreciate the reception I received and hope that you extend the same to any and all Caliber owners.

Wish me luck. :)

(If ou wish to contribute to the Get the Fox to LA Fund, PM me and I'll give you the details.)

Thank you, everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Wow, I did not see that coming either!

Sil, good luck with the future:), you have been such a great help from the beginning in regards to the Caliber. You have helped in so many ways it was crazy, good!! Keep intouch on here and let us how what you are up to, maybe in a year you will be able to get another, Caliber SRT-4 maybe??;):D

Just want to say thanks again,

Oh yeah, what is the name of the movie if you don't mind, and what did you play in it or have to do with it??

Best wishes,

Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good Luck in California! It was fun watching your excitement for the Caliber in your posts and videos.

BTW, is the dealer paying off the lease or something? How are you just turning it in?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be paying the early termination fee to get out from under it. It would be great if I was assured a hefty paycheck for the next film but I'm not. Regardless of if I get that shoot or not, I'm going to be going out to LA anyway. Once I have a few shoots under my belt (assuming they come), I'm going to get another Caliber. :D

The movie I worked on last year is called "The Wrath" by Big3 Entertainment and Cayo Largo Productions. They've got four potential distributors now, and it will be making its stright-to-DVD release at Blockbuster in the next few months, they hope. You'll see it, then. :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow! I also did not see that one coming..cool! Best of luck dude, try to get on here once in a while! :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, good luck in LA. Hey, I might even move there myself, if I get a job with Western Trux Inc.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Whoa. That's huge news. Best of luck to you on your new career!!

And thanks so much for all that you've contributed here on this forum.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Too bad you have to cough-up the Caliber. Sounds like it's for the better, except for the part about moving to LA:p

Hope things go well for you in LA... that place is nutz!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't worry, it won't be long before I'm back in the Caliber again. :) If I could take it with me, I certianly would. It's time to make sacrifices, and unfortunatly, this is the first one I have to make. Believe me, there are exotic car dealerships all over West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. There's bound to be one Dodge dealer out there in LA that'll have one. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And she's gone. :( The journey to success has been started. I have tasted the forbidden fruit, and it is gooooooooooood!

There is always a Caliber in my future. One way or another, I will be in this car again. Keep my spot warm for me, fellas. :D

I'm still going to hang around, though...at least until I lose Internet access in the move. Until then, you get to put up with me. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Silverfox said:
And she's gone. :( The journey to success has been started. I have tasted the forbidden fruit, and it is gooooooooooood!

There is always a Caliber in my future. One way or another, I will be in this car again. Keep my spot warm for me, fellas. :D

I'm still going to hang around, though...at least until I lose Internet access in the move. Until then, you get to put up with me. :D
Best. Plot Twist.. Ever… :)
Sad to see you go but I wish you the best on your new endeavor. Take Care and Keep In Touch.

Dan

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bummer, you were the first to get me interested in a Caliber, with your reviews and constant outflow of great and accurate information. Gonna miss you!!!!!!:(
Hope your journey takes you to great heights!!!!!!:D :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck, Silverfox. You'll enjoy California. I was born near there, in San Francisco, which, although most people think of as being in California, isn't really as "California" as, say, Los Angeles. Really, best of luck to you in your new career. As much as I was raised to HATE L.A. (it's part of being a true San Franciscan), I secretly like it, especially since, over the last 30 years, it's become a real city, instead of (as radio comic Fred Allen used to say) "a group of small midwestern towns interconnected by a common sewer system."

Once you've settled in, rent a car and make the drive North to San Francisco on California's Highway One, the Pacific Coast Highway. Better yet, buy a motorcycle and ride it!

Cheers,

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be sure to keep that in mind, thanks. :)

Ironically, my car was sold today as I was signing the papers on the Ford. The dealer had just finished adhearing the new dealer badge to it and instaling a temp tag when someone bought it. It drove out behind me as I went home. I guess that means it's truely not mine anymore. :D

Ah well...I'll be getting one again soon. It'll look great next to my SRT-10 Viper. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good luck w/ the new job! :) this is scneonchic501 from 2gn.org

Sucks you had to let the caliber go, but there will be plenty to choose from in LA im sure! hope all goes well for you in LA! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There was absolutely nothing else that I could afford that would be reliable enough to get me to California. The dealer was so willing to help me that they took a loss with this vehicle. There were probably other vehicles out there, but this one is assured to last me until I can get a new Caliber. I even told the dealers that when I make some money, I'll be back. ;)

Imagine that...driving all the way from California to Texas to buy a car. Sometimes, dealers do good things.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude! Check back often! :eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good luck with the film industry! California is nice, I'm in San Diego, 2 hours south.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts