Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my SXT sport (solar yellow) for about 4 weeks and a check engine light comes on, car would not sit at idle. Called and dodge came and got it and towed it to the shop. They called and said it was a cam sensor gone bad and that they would give us a rental (Sxt, Red, 1.8L). They later called and told us they would need the weekend as the engine needed to come out. Still no word from them but I must say it is nice to test the limits of my caliber on a rental, even though the engines are different..

anyway, ill update when i receive the car and let you guys know if you should expect the same problem to arise

·
Registered
506 Posts
there is a thread for this type of thing.... actually i think there are ALREADY MANY OF THEM... post stuff like this in a HEY A PROBLEM WITH MY CALIBER type thread

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did I not post it in the problem forum?

theres no need in having to read 100 pages of a thread generalizing problems when there is a forum devoted to such problems..

I would imaging there would be MANY problem threads in the problem forum.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
cdoran said:
They called and said it was a cam sensor gone bad...
Interesting. How many miles are on it?

I'm curious, how do cam sensors go bad?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GOT said:

I'm not quite sure but I just got it back thursday, and the light comes on again last night and the engine stalled twice... Pretty frustrating...

Currently there are 1600 KMs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GOT said:

Cam and cranksensors are typically magnets. How do they go bad 99% of them that I have seen go bad because the magnet gets fouled (oil/metal shavings)

If they are pulling the engine it could mean the cam seal had gone bad and oil fouled the sensor or worse that there was excessive play in the cam itself shearing a little metal and allowing it to foul the sensor. Now that all being said I have NOT seen the placement of the cam sensor on the calibers so it could be simpler to remove the engine than remove the timing cover in car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts