1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hahaha....freaking hilarious! And true! :D

·
Banned
25 Posts
I'm preparing for 4 dollar gallons of 91 oct soon here in California. Makes me want to become a hippie and convert my car to run on veggie oil and drive a french fry mobile.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've seen some of those on the news and tv..smells liek fries when you're driving...:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, smelling like fries is awesome.....

:D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Yeah, smelling like fries is awesome.....

:D
I had someone confrim that...they do say it is like driving behind a deep frier, now there will be so much damn cooking oil on the ground when it rains making it slippery!:eek:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha...I was being sarcastic, dunno if you caught that I didn't get the sarcasm in your reply or the other way around..:D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Haha...I was being sarcastic, dunno if you caught that I didn't get the sarcasm in your reply or the other way around..:D
Seriously, today we got on the subject of E-85 in my History class and the professor expierenced it, smells just like a deep frier! He went to the midwest for something and got a chance to see someone using it...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know it smells like fries, I was being sarcastic about smelling like fries is awesome..:D

·
Registered
901 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
I know it smells like fries, I was being sarcastic about smelling like fries is awesome..:D
bleh. I had enough of that "back in the day" when I worked at McDonald's.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I still have your "back in the day" in my future...:D

No offense whatsoever was intended by that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
I still have your "back in the day" in my future...:D
but, this IS part of your "back in the day"...!!
LOL - years from now you could be telling a story like, "back in the day before I even had my license, I found this awesome car that I knew I would eventually get...."

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I guess so..:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just watched on Dateline MSNBC about Ethonal fuel, converted from corn and other vegatables which burns cleaner and is alot cheaper at the pumps. Brazil has already been using Ethonal for 15 years. You should see this new fuel in us and perhaps canada in the next 2 to 3 years.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Cleaner burning and all but shittier mileage...ahh well, more $$$ for the farmers.

BTW: E-85 is widespread and we have up to 10% Ethanol mixed in up here already. MN. :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Funny thing about E-85. It takes a lot of diesel to harvest/transport the corn to get converted that basically it costs about the same, and you're still using just as much oil.

Our infrastructure just isn't designed for it right now. It'd take a major overhaul to make it work. And corn isn't the best idea anyway. There are better plants to use.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
True..hey, there's still the free french fry oil solution! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts