Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK. I have just purchased a UK spec Dodge Caliber. I want to install an aftermarket Sony bluetooth head unit. I need a specific Metra harness that is available from Circuit City, but they won't deliver to the UK.

Can anyone order the part for me and then ship it to me here in the UK?

I am willing to cover all costs plus will make it worth your while!:)

Any takers!! Please!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Manish said:
I live in the UK. I have just purchased a UK spec Dodge Caliber. I want to install an aftermarket Sony bluetooth head unit. I need a specific Metra harness that is available from Circuit City, but they won't deliver to the UK.

Any takers!! Please!!
hello there i am in canada and we do have circuit city here and best buy,please tell me what part exacly your looking for so i can check thinks out for you ,let me know cheers Thomas

·
Registered
414 Posts
Manish said:

Any takers!! Please!!
But what if you are a terrorist? ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol

Not likely - I don't think a terrorist would buy such a nice car!

I like your yellow Caliber though. Yellow is my favourite colour. Shame that colour is not an option in the UK :(

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
it looke like its only available in the USA at crcuit city ,soory i tryt maby some of our american friends could help you out therecheers Thomas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thanks Thomas for trying!

Can anyone else help at all?

I so badly want to install a Sony aftermarket bluetooth head unit, but I can't get the specific Metra harness here in the UK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I need the following parts from Circuit City:

1. Metra Vehicle Wiring Harness (80-6502)
MET 806502

2. Metra Chrysler Antenna Adapter (40-CR10)
MET 40CR10

Regards, Manish.

:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you Google "Metra Vehicle Wiring Harness" you get a plethora of places that sell these items, Amazon.com and eBay to name a couple. Both shipp overseas.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Prop1 said:
If you Google "Metra Vehicle Wiring Harness" you get a plethora of places that sell these items, Amazon.com and eBay to name a couple. Both shipp overseas.
soory prop1 that specific one if you google comes up only on circuit city ,i tryt ebay ,best buy,radio shack,futureshop and i got zip nothing with that number ,yes there are some on ebay but not that kind he needs,cheers Thomas

·
Registered
153 Posts
They may not have the one listed, but if they sell other products by the same manufacturer, you should be able to special order the one you want. I would contact these retailers and ask.

"Just because the wind is blowing against the door, you don't give up, you push a little harder."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,

Well I've been pushing the door so hard, it's come off the hinges! :)

Prop1, I have tried very hard looking for these parts - every website and retail outlets both here in the UK, where I initially looked, and in the states. I've probably spent 5 times the value of the parts alone just in calling US retailers directly from the UK.

I haven't just come on here as a newbie, asked for help, without trying my best to get these parts myself. It is a bit niaeve to suggest otherwise.

I'm surprised to be honest - so many people have viewed this thread. I'm just asking for a little help - order these parts for me, take delivery, ship them to me in the UK. I will refund you all costs + extra for your trouble.
If you like, I can pay up front, makes no difference to me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Prop1: As I have repeatedly stated I cannot get these parts from amazon UK. Electrical items listed on Amazon.com have restrictions imposed on them for European delivery.

This is the message I get when placing either item in my shopping cart:

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ***

The only way for me to get these items is if someone can kindly order them for me from Circuit City in the States.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Prop1:

Those items you have listed are not from the Amazon.co.uk site, they are from the Amazon.com site - the US site!

Thanks any way for looking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Prop1,

That's an interesting solution!

It would be interesting what other users think of your offer!

Can you PM your address so that I can find out if your local Circuit City store accepts international credit card payments.

Regards

Manish

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Prop1,

No, unfortunately, they do not accept international credit cards - billing addresses have to be US addresses as their shopping cart only US states.

Thanks again though!

I might aswell call it quits - I don't think I'm destined to get these parts.

:(

·
Registered
153 Posts
$40 USD + that donation, and I can purchase them for you and send them. I just don't how you would get the money to me. Is there such a thing as an international money order?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts