Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a caliber that is a 2009 model, i am in the uk, the last couple of nights my alarm has gone off, no one has tried to steal it, and i don't want to piss the whole street off with the noise. Is there a easy way to disable the alarm? I know many people would think why do I want to disable an alarm, I have a cat who seems to think cars are for jumping on, so i tried rocking the car and the alarm didnt go off, so i cant see it being the cat.
any one know please?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Canadian 2010 Caliber and I was worried about the same thing happening, which it didn't so far (luckily). I was thinking that if alarm starts going off in the middle of the night I would lock all doors and then exit through the driver's door and lock it manually with the key, without pressing button on the remote, which will not activate alarm. I'm not sure if this trick will work on European Caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i have found the solution, I was watching youtube and scrollong through and found this, it seems to have worked, it hasn't gone off since i do this, but I did all the lock ctaches the one on the hood ( where the engine is ) was really dirty, so i cleaned it before i put wd40 on. but thank you for your answer :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts