Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there going to be a Mopar Driver Convenience Group part???

I have an SXT w/o the Driver Convenience Group and I would like to add it later if it's possible. I at least want the tire-monitor feature (and want it to work like it was OEM).

There is the little LCD window where the DCG is located, but nothing is there right now. So I imagine that all it would take is for that indent to be drilled and the push-rod-button to be installed and the computer updated (and of course the tire sensors installed inside the tire).

Anyone know if it’s possible:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's a different instrument cluster all together and the tire pressure monitoring uses a bunch of the different modules to get the signals to the cluster. I'm not saying it couldn't be retrofitted later, just that you'd need a new cluster, the various tyre pressure bits (sensors, receiver, etc.) and a smart/helpful dealer who could make all the new ECU's play together...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tito said:
It's a different instrument cluster all together and the tire pressure monitoring uses a bunch of the different modules to get the signals to the cluster. I'm not saying it couldn't be retrofitted later, just that you'd need a new cluster, the various tyre pressure bits (sensors, receiver, etc.) and a smart/helpful dealer who could make all the new ECU's play together...
ooo, not to mention the connections to the Sirius stereo head units... all the programming you can do on it... the compass outdoor temp gauge....
Sounds like LOTS of new sensors and wiring would have to be installed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Temp guage is on all Calibers... you can get to it flipping through the odometer. My guess is the conv. package is too complicated to after the fact considering you would have to add the tire sensors and the compass.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did some checking on this as well. There are different computers as far as I can see by part numbers. The wiring harness seems to be the same(?), unless I looked up something wrong in the computer.

After talking to dealer parts guy and service tech. we concluded it would not be an easy swap & not cheap. I looked on the computer with the parts guy and we both came to the opinion after seeing several different part numbers for the different pieces of the option. Some that don't even exist as orderable(?) yet.

Result of this topic==> Order what you want or find a car with this option. You CANNOT easily add this option.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow i'm glad i chose not to get the driver conv. group. The only thing on there I was interested in was the temp. It's almost like the $800 upgraded "chrome" wheels LOL.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OrangeRT said:
I did some checking on this as well. There are different computers as far as I can see by part numbers. The wiring harness seems to be the same(?), unless I looked up something wrong in the computer.

After talking to dealer parts guy and service tech. we concluded it would not be an easy swap & not cheap. I looked on the computer with the parts guy and we both came to the opinion after seeing several different part numbers for the different pieces of the option. Some that don't even exist as orderable(?) yet.

Result of this topic==> Order what you want or find a car with this option. You CANNOT easily add this option.
Well poo! Guess I'll get DCG on my next car... such as the Hornet!:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts