Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the other thread I posted this ? on is going another way I thought I would ask. In the midst of trying to line up a couple of dealers when I spoke to a fellow Firefighter dealer he supposedly looked up in the computer that he cannot order an SRT4 until October. Do you think we can order one or is it just what they make and what dealers get?

·
Registered
728 Posts
No, you cannot order a Caliber SRT4 yet, it is not in the TOPS ordering system at the dealerships. As it stands now, the only 2008 model available to order in TOPS is the Avenger.

There is also no information on WHEN ordering may be available, we'll just have to keep waiting with our fingers crossed... or move on and buy something else.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not saying if we can order them yet. What I am trying to say is when they come out, or when the time is right, can you factory order one or is it whatever they make, and whoever has it, then we have to find it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
You'll be able to order. Do expect there to be about a billion stories about limtied numbers, dealerships already bought them all, or if you dont order one now you'll never get one.

dont let that bug ya. While say 5K for a years production sounds small, you will still be able to order one. Same things were said about the 2003 SRT-4, with only 3275 (3725?) made, and nobody couldnt get one of those. Under 5K 2008 SRT-8 Chargers, and I still got one brand new in late August 06, 11 months after production started.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, you can give a dealeship your money as a deposit today. Like an interest free loan for him til ordering opens. And it wont make your order any more special than any other order frm any other dealer. Or, alternatively, you could hold onto your cash til we actually know when ordering will open. Its been my experience that giving a deposit way in advance make not one bit of difference as to when you actually get a car.

I saw many folks who thought they were getting one of the first watch in pain as many other folks got thier cars right from a dealer. Why? Becuase the dealer they ordered from didnt have any allocation. How do you know if your dealer does? You really cant, becuase if they dont, they might just lie, and hope to keep you on the hook til they get one.

In general, larger dealerships with more sales get cars first. But smaller guys will tell you that they have a special realtionship with the regional guys, whatever it takes to get your cash. In most cases, thats bull.

We've got two small guys here, and a much bigger place up the road. Who gets them first? The big guy. I would never buy a car from them, they epitomize whats wrong with dealers completely, but the fact is, they sell more cars, and therefore get priority.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I was saying is.... When the "Official" day comes when the SRT is released. Can I factory order one and actually recieve it. Or, no matter how many factory orders they get, the dealers only get what they are allocated? I am not saying to put down money today. After 11 new cars in the past 3 years I still dont trust the dealers.

GLHS837 said:
Yes, you can give a dealeship your money as a deposit today.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yep, on order day, you can order one and get it. No telling how fast, but the factory wont let the dealerships preorder them all. I know for both the SRT-4s and the SRT-8 Chargers, there were rumors that the first years production run was already ordered months before the actual 06 ordeing opening date of 12 Sept, 2006.

Dealers told folks that if they didnt get one the dealer had already ordered, they could not get one, or you needed a deposit now.

Of course, that was wrong. Cutomer ordering for 06s didnt end until sometime late in April of 06, I think. That was becuase the Brampton plants model year changeover is in July.

Just wait. Once we get closer, you'll see so many threads about bull stories from dealers, its going to be sad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts