Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

i just bought a Red Caliber SXT w/CVT, sports package, convience package, music gate and sunroof.

I am soooo excited except for up here in Canada i was told it will take 8 to 12 weeks until i get it!!!! :mad:

DANG!!

but for this awsome car i can wait

well i also found something cool on ebay for the Caliber if you want to check it out follow this link http://cgi.ebay.ca/06-07-Dodge-Caliber-3rd-Brake-Light-Cover_W0QQitemZ8055867123QQcategoryZ38661QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this forum is great and has helped me make my decision

Thank you everyone

·
Registered
746 Posts
hey welcome to the forums! where abouts are you from in canada? i'm in guelph ontario. i order a red sxt sport as well, however i only got the heated seats as an extra option... congradulations on your purchase!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Welcome to caliberforums jayster_4_69 :)

Now comes the hard part,... the wait....

I saw that on ebay too, looks like you can get one to say "caliber" for the third brake light, pretty cool.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

Thanks

I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba.

lol that was exactly what i just ordered is that 3rd brake light cover to say CALIBER

its going to look sweet

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
+2. If you don't I will hunt you down...:D:D

just messing..:p

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
Hi Everyone,

i just bought a Red Caliber SXT w/CVT, sports package, convience package, music gate and sunroof.

I am soooo excited except for up here in Canada i was told it will take 8 to 12 weeks until i get it!!!! :mad:

Welcome, and congrats on your order. I can't imagine it taking soooooo long. I am also in Canada, and I ordered my "loaded" Sunburst Orange SXT Sport on March 20th and it's scheduled to arrive on April 19th :D ...I don't think I could wait any longer than that.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Giddyupeh said:
Welcome, and congrats on your order. I can't imagine it taking soooooo long. I am also in Canada, and I ordered my "loaded" Sunburst Orange SXT Sport on March 20th and it's scheduled to arrive on April 19th :D ...I don't think I could wait any longer than that.
really?? i ordered mine on the 11th of march and mine just got built today... i hope that means it's coming sooner...

·
Registered
62 Posts
People have mentioned in other threads that each dealer has an allocation of cars each month. When people order, if that dealer's allocation hasn't been used ordered cars are taken from there and get built much quicker. If the dealer has already used its allocation it goes back to the end of the line and takes 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Imagine a big long line of blank cars for placeholders that belong to all the dealers. When you order one if a dealer still has a "Blank" your order gets swapped for that spot in line, if they are out of blanks, then you get stuck at the end unfortunately. The blanks are probably whatever features the dealer thinks they can move if the car ends up not being ordered by a customer.

Giddyupeh's dealer probably had an unordered car that wasn't built, but was just about ready to start when she ordered.

·
Registered
746 Posts
draed said:
People have mentioned in other threads that each dealer has an allocation of cars each month. When people order, if that dealer's allocation hasn't been used ordered cars are taken from there and get built much quicker. If the dealer has already used its allocation it goes back to the end of the line and takes 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Imagine a big long line of blank cars for placeholders that belong to all the dealers. When you order one if a dealer still has a "Blank" your order gets swapped for that spot in line, if they are out of blanks, then you get stuck at the end unfortunately. The blanks are probably whatever features the dealer thinks they can move if the car ends up not being ordered by a customer.

Giddyupeh's dealer probably had an unordered car that wasn't built, but was just about ready to start when she ordered.
well that explains a whole lot... doesn't make the wait any less bearable... but it makes sense...:cool:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the explanation draed. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
draed said:

Ya know...now that you say that....that is what happened. He took a Inferno Red Caliber they had ordered with all the options I wanted and changed the colour to Sunburst Orange, before it made it to the line.
Although, they told me it should be in by April 19th, and I still don't have it. Now they are saying next week. Come on!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts