Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know because a Chrysler rep lives in my apartment building and I talked to him on the way down the elevator. He says they have it and I should check it out when it hits the dealerships---dont know when that is.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
omg not another i know a guy thread. well when you see one at the lot take some pics of the underside... i want to know if its awd.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I find it hard to beleive that a car assembled in the US would get a Canadian first relese when cars built in Canada (the LX's) didnt. Maybe he saw an early production unit that has been sent up for press test drives. If the launch is really in the fall, and the press uses a three month lead time, now would be just right to appear in August editions.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
GLHS837 said:
I find it hard to beleive that a car assembled in the US would get a Canadian first relese when cars built in Canada (the LX's) didnt. Maybe he saw an early production unit that has been sent up for press test drives. If the launch is really in the fall, and the press uses a three month lead time, now would be just right to appear in August editions.
plausable for sure as it will probally be in the mag's then for a fall sale date

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow you guys are so much different than Ford guys.

boostdog said:
omg not another i know a guy thread. well when you see one at the lot take some pics of the underside... i want to know if its awd.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not sure what you mean. But if tis about not believeing these stories, its based on realism and in my case, + 3 years of hearing this sort of thing ad nauseum and seeing frist hand that %99 of them never pan out.

1. The SRT-4 will blow all thier motors before 20K, 12psi is too high.

2. The Stage kits will never happen, no way would Dodge add 50-100hp to a motor already on the edge.

3. 2003 (and 2004 and 2005) is the only year it will be made, to many wrecked, bad rep.

And a billion others, all from reputable sources.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well.. not to blow my own horn here but... Of all the cities in Canada, I think my city (Windsor) is most likely to see the cars first if/when they start showing up and I haven't seen any (and i've have been looking).

Of course, I back up my theory by the fact that:

1. The Chrysler Canada headquarters is here (including all the big high-up execs)
2. The Chrysler R&D facility is here
3. A lot of new vehicles are spotted over here, brought over from the Michigan plants for testing.

This is not to say this is the only place possible to spot a new SRT... but I figure if they're going to be anywhere, they'd be here... and they're not.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Since as an employee I can't really talk about what I see inside the plant, I'll talk about what I see from outside.

NO SRT-4 Calibers in the lot! :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Since as an employee I can't really talk about what I see inside the plant, I'll talk about what I see from outside.

NO SRT-4 Calibers in the lot! :D
LOL... you're a lucky bastard is what YOU are.

So uh... I know you haven't seen any Caliber SRT4's or anything*wink*wink*.. but uh... if you WERE to see one *wink*wink* that wasn't in the plant at ALL.. *wink*wink*.. what would you think of it?

I'm thinking of pickin' up the Avenger R/T but am wondering if perhaps I should wait for this baby...

Not that you've seen one or anything... :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you do want the Avenger. Wait until the R/T AWD actually gets out there a bit. No turbo factory, but it will be AWD with the 3.5 V6.

or​

With the Caliber SRT coming out turbo...... the SRT Avenger might just be a 2.4 turbo as well!!!

Second, when were the Calibers first on sale in Canada? Anybody know?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ironside - All the Caliber SRT-4's you have seen, we DID build! I've helped build them, sat in one, and started it. I really like it, but considering I'm currently on court supervision with my little SXT 2.0 I don't need an SRT-4. :D

I'm looking forward to the launch as much as all of you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Ironside - All the Caliber SRT-4's you have seen, we DID build! I've helped build them, sat in one, and started it. I really like it, but considering I'm currently on court supervision with my little SXT 2.0 I don't need an SRT-4. :D

I'm looking forward to the launch as much as all of you.
So what's the exhaust note like? Does it have the burble and popping of the old SRT-4? =]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts