Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Marine Blue R/T yesterday, fantastic vehicle.

When I push the odometer reset button, only Trip A and Trip B are displayed.
How do I display the odometer ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ejfb said:
Maybe look in the manual?

The Manual......

"Odometer / Trip Odometer reset Knob...Press this button to change the display from odometer to either of the two trip settings."

As I originally stated, when I do this I only see the Trip Odometer settings, not the odometer itself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Isn't it just the odometer and trip? Mine only switches twice.

eta: We posted the same time, mine still only has two settings. Not sure what the problem is on yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CaliberChic said:
Isn't it just the odometer and trip? Mine only switches twice.

eta: We posted the same time, mine still only has two settings. Not sure what the problem is on yours.

Mine switches twice also, but only between Trip A and Trip B. They function correctly and I'm able to reset each trip setting to zero. But , I can't display a basic odometer that shows how many kilometres are on the car.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Two thoughts, one, after changing and left alone for a while, does it change back to the Odometer? And two, maybe just needs a reset for some weird reason, a quick way to do that would be to disconnect the battery for a little bit, maybe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's not normal. When I press the button several times, it cycles between Trip A--> Trip B--> Odometer--> Trip A. If you don't get the odometer after pressing the button on trip B have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ejfb said:
Two thoughts, one, after changing and left alone for a while, does it change back to the Odometer? And two, maybe just needs a reset for some weird reason, a quick way to do that would be to disconnect the battery for a little bit, maybe?

No, it doesn't change back to the odometer. I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow, and will post what the outcome is.

Thank you to all who replied. So far, this is the only problem...keeping my fingers crossed.:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
PEZguy said:
Mine switches twice also, but only between Trip A and Trip B. They function correctly and I'm able to reset each trip setting to zero. But , I can't display a basic odometer that shows how many kilometres are on the car.
Things to look at to tell service when you have it looked at:

When you open a door, does the trip odometer display change to say "door"? It's supposed to. Likewise, when you open the back liftgate it will display "gate". (edit: Only without the Drivers Info Group. With the EVIC, these msgs get sent to the left display cluster.)

Do you ever see the outside temp displayed when you cycle thru the button? (Without the Drivers Info Group ("EVIC") the temp is shown here. With the EVIC the temp shows on the left display cluster instead.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the SE model without the drivers conv. group. When I press my trip button, 1st display is odometer, 2nd trip A 3rd trip B, and 4th is the outside temp. Never had the prb with not showing odometer. Sounds like a undaunting trip to dealer.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
kjguy_43 said:
I have the SE model without the drivers conv. group. When I press my trip button, 1st display is odometer, 2nd trip A 3rd trip B, and 4th is the outside temp. Never had the prb with not showing odometer. Sounds like a undaunting trip to dealer.
My display sequence is exactly the same on my SXT Sport - which is EXACTLY what the Owners Manual describes it should be on a Caliber without the Drivers Info Group/"EVIC".

·
Registered
506 Posts
silly computer tricks are for kids!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
PEZguy said:
//3 days ago//No, it doesn't change back to the odometer. I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow, and will post what the outcome is.

Thank you to all who replied. So far, this is the only problem...keeping my fingers crossed.:)
PEZguy, come back! What was the outcome of your trip to the dealer the other day?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts